backwards compatibility of the wii ?????

joffa81

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2006
hi all im new to the whole wii concept and have only really got interested in the wii console since i bought my son a nintendo ds for christmas comming and seen that the ds can be connected to the wii to use some functionality and just had a few questions that i hope you lot could answer

1) does the wii play all gamecube games or is there a spacific list like with the 360 ??????

2) what type of connectivity will the ds have for the wii

3) can you use gamecube controller on the wii (as someone told me you can but he wasnt sure) ?????

if anyone can answer these questions for me i would be very greatful

thanks in advance

joff

To answer your first question, yes. The Wii is able to play all Gamecube games.

Gamecube controllers can be used on some Virtul Console games, and there is a chance some wii games will be for the GC controller and Classic Controller.

As for DS interaction, it is, like the wii-mote, really only limited to the game designers imagination.

thanks for that the reason i asked is that i was thinking of getting a wii for me and my son to play as he has just started to play video games properly and i dont think that the ps3 and xbox 360 (i do own a 360) are suitable for younger gamers but also my wife has already bought him a ds and she was on about getting him a gamecube as well but i thought that if the wii is backwards compatible then ther is not need to purchase the gamecube.

thanks

joff

You should be good to go. All Gamecube games should work fine.

By the way by great nephews (ages 7 and 5) started playing Wii Sports and are addicted and the youngest is scoring higher than me at bowling already.

MarkHopper said:
You should be good to go. All Gamecube games should work fine.

By the way by great nephews (ages 7 and 5) started playing Wii Sports and are addicted and the youngest is scoring higher than me at bowling already.

...xD

By the way... why do you have that sig? o.o

Back