Black Flickering Lines...

the guy on the phone said that if they did have to replace the wii they would transfer all my data and miis to the other one. he said the only thing is once they transfer your miis you wont be able to edit the ones that are on your wii you would have to erase the ones you want to change and remake it. so you wont lose anything including game save data or vc games.

all fixed

I just got my Wii back from Nintendo yesterday. The problem is fixed and they reset my warranty. It came back with a different serial number so i'm not sure if its a brand new console or if they had to put a new one on since they opened up my original. that really doesn't matter though because those lines are gone and i'm happy.

Pingis said:
I just got my Wii back from Nintendo yesterday. The problem is fixed and they reset my warranty. It came back with a different serial number so i'm not sure if its a brand new console or if they had to put a new one on since they opened up my original. that really doesn't matter though because those lines are gone and i'm happy.

That's good news!

My dad is finally considering sending it in. But he says he won't do it till after the holidays, because chances are, there are gonna be loads of broken Wiis being sent in. He's afraid that if I send it in now, I'll never get it back.

aznricyboy said:
That's good news!

My dad is finally considering sending it in. But he says he won't do it till after the holidays, because chances are, there are gonna be loads of broken Wiis being sent in. He's afraid that if I send it in now, I'll never get it back.

Dude, No worries if you send it in now. I sent mine in one the 7th and got it back on the 14th. Nintendo is really fast and they pay for everything. Just contact them and they will give you a prepaid shipping label to print out.

well that sucks mine just started doing it and i have had it the day it came out so it has been over a year so i doubt they still fix it but i can call and see but i bet i will have to pay for it

i've knocked mine over once and its fine. I'm suprised that knocking it over once can break it. I mean seriously, is a vertical console. its bound to be knocked over...

I have this problem as well. I had never been on this forum before and was glad to hear that I am not the only one with this problem, and also sad to hear that my wii is broken. Will have to call Nintendo and see what they can do for me. I think mine broke due to WiiConnect24.

I did some research, and it turns out a lot of people actually do have this problem. It's caused by the Wii overheating, usually if you use WiiConnect24. The overheating damages the video hardware, causing those black lines to appear.

The problem is, the I just got off the phone with a guy at Nintendo. He acts like he never heard of such a problem before (I'm pretty sure I described it accurately). I kinda expected him to say, "Yeah, we've had a lot of people calling about this issue before." So my Wii still has to be under warranty. I've heard that some of yours got repaired, they resetted your warranty, some of you didn't need a warranty, etc. The thing is that 1.) I'm not sure how long my warranty lasts. My dad's the one who bought the Wii. As soon as I took the console out of the box, he stowed the warranty away with the box, so I have no idea whether it's one year, two years, or what. I think it's still valid though, since I only got it in May. 2.) He doesn't even have a friggin' idea where the stupid box is. He says, "Uhhh, I think it's in the garage...I'll get it out some time." For all I know, he could have thrown it out, being the organizer he is. That would mean that I'm stuck with a Wii without warranty. Like driving a car without insurance.

just got mine back today and its fixed lines are gone. the only thing is it took over 2 weeks. they had to replace the main circuit board but was way worth it.

you dont need the warranty for your wii cause when i called i had no idea where i had put my receipt but nintendo knew when and where i bought it, i just had to give them the serial number, so when you call they can tell you if its covered.

Thanks a lot guys! I just set up my repair, and they said that the UPS label will arrive in about a week.

Looks like i'm going to have to give Nintendo a call.. Mine started doing this tonight as well.. kinda sucks.. I had to send my DS in for repair and it sucked having to wait for the shipping label to come in the mail... I with they did what other companies like Canon does and send you the label via Email so you can print it out yourself and get it out faster! Oh well.. we'll see how it goes I guess.

Back