Bristol Motor Speedway to Feature on the Cover of NASCAR The Game

Wii News

Wii News Blog
Oct 10, 2009

Activision has announced that Bristol Motor Speedway has won the accolade of being featured on the cover of NASCAR The Game 2011. Here’s Ed Martin, executive vice president of the game’s designers, Eutechnyx, talking about the decision:

“When we first sat down to talk about what we were going to do for the box cover. I think the easiest decision we had to make was the background; the right track to use. It was unanimous from the outset, we had to use Bristol. Bristol embodies everything that is cool about the sport and about our game. Our game is about pack racing, damage, excitement, everything Bristol is.”

Martin has worked on several previous NASCAR games and says that Bristol is the perfect place to catch the essence of the sport.

“I have seen some of the greatest races of my life at that track and have unbelievable memories. It is always exciting and action is always around you and that is what we want to get across in the game.*They say a picture has to tell a thousand words. We have to do that in a few seconds when someone is walking by, whether a motorsports gamer or a NASCAR fan. They’ll glance at the box and you have to get that image across that this is a cool game. By setting the cover at Bristol, I think it is going to catch everyone’s eye.”

Fans will get to experience all of the intensity of competing on the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series circuit when NASCAR The Game 2011 is released on Wii this April.

Click here to view the embedded video.

Activision has announced that Bristol Motor Speedway has won the accolade of being featured on the cover of NASCAR The Game 2011. Here’s Ed Martin, executive vice president of the game’s designers, Eutechnyx, talking about the decision:

“When we first sat down to talk about what we were going to do for the box cover. I think the easiest decision we had to make was the background; the right track to use. It was unanimous from the outset, we had to use Bristol. Bristol embodies everything that is cool about the sport and about our game. Our game is about pack racing, damage, excitement, everything Bristol is.”

Martin has worked on several previous NASCAR games and says that Bristol is the perfect place to catch the essence of the sport.

“I have seen some of the greatest races of my life at that track and have unbelievable memories. It is always exciting and action is always around you and that is what we want to get across in the game.*They say a picture has to tell a thousand words. We have to do that in a few seconds when someone is walking by, whether a motorsports gamer or a NASCAR fan. They’ll glance at the box and you have to get that image across that this is a cool game. By setting the cover at Bristol, I think it is going to catch everyone’s eye.”

Fans will get to experience all of the intensity of competing on the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series circuit when NASCAR The Game 2011 is released on Wii this April.

Click here to view the embedded video.
Saw this Since December!
I AM EXCITED!
I thought it was out in March 29...

Back