Buying a TV...[but]..What about my Wii?

Joeleh

Cool Dood.
Feb 11, 2007
I'm getting my Wii in the next few days and I am currently getting my bedroom revamped and with that i'm getting a 32" HD ready LCD TV.

Now I have read some topics on here about the best TV to get and cables comes up in many times and i'm confused.

When I get my TV will I need extra cables or anything to play my Wii on it.

Just so you know here is the TV that I am getting: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...televisions>FC$Screen+Size+(inches)=32.32.htm

Now, If that TV doesn't have the right ports I need please tell me as I will have to look for a new one. If You can, please tell me the correct ports I will need and if you feeling generous, even find me a new TV with everything I need!

As long as the TV is 32" or bigger, HD ready and under £500 I don't care :p

Looks like you can stick in the component cables. Basically all new TVs today have at least the standard Yellow, Red, White ports so you'll be able to play your Wii. Also since you can use Component Cables, Get them!

damn thats a decent price for a 32"HD tv, and its a known brand not some random one...

anyway from the listed specs on the argos site, you have 3 options;

Component (red, green, blue - red and white) cables - will be the ideal solution, but means having to buy the cables..

Composite (yellow, white and red) - the normal cables you get with the wii, will be ok, but you might not get a very defined picture on your new tv..

Scart (how do i describe that? everyone knows what a scart looks like) - anyway you could use the adapter to plug in the composite leads and use the scart input on the tv, but will still only get the same picture quality....there is an actual scart lead which will give a slightly better picture quality..

so there you have it, aim for the composite cables :thumbsup:

I've been told by people i nthe know to buy top quality LCD TV's expect to pay through the nose.

Sony and oshiba were the ones I was told to buy and thats what I did, something to do with the use of quality bulbs and longer life.

Seen as you are gettin a hd tv you should get the component cable. I saw on da internet some where the picture difference with the normal red yellow white cables and the component and man the picture was sweet!:yesnod:

Back