What type of TV should I buy to play the Wii

AutumnWind said:
Personally, I hook my Wii up to a 40" LCD HDTV all the time, and it looks much better.

I agree.

In the grand scheme of things the Wii looks fine upscaled to 720/1080 on most LCD sets. We run ours on a Sony 50" LCD and it's looks great. I mean, for the most part, the design direction in the game we play tends towards cartoonish anyway.

After having D* with dozens of HD channels and HD media players, there's no way I'd go non-HD, even if the Wii looked just a touch better. You'll note I wrote "better" above anyway, as it's subjective - CRTs are generally softer, so you're getting a little "free" anti-alias due to less clarity!

Sorry 4 taking up so much time. Ok, the sole purpose of the TV is for the Wii and xbox 360. The main games played r Call of Duty, Madden and Live 4 the xbox; and Far Cry, CoD, MoH, Sonic, Bully, RE4, Godfather & Big Brain for Wii. So, I'm not sure if they have widescreen support or not.

So from the info I have read, I'm look'n 4 a 37-40" LCD HDTV with at least 480p - 720p, at least 2 HDMI inputs, sumthin' w/ at least a 60hz refresh (whtev that means) and I need to buy some sort of cables for HD if I want to watch TV clearly. Is this right.

i think all xbox 360 games support widescreen so you shouldn't worry about that.
if your xbox 360 is an elite, then you'll also need to buy an hdmi cable to take advantage of the hdmi connections on your hdtv. if it's not an elite, the component cables will do just fine.

for the wii you might also want to purchase component cables since you'll be using it on a big widescreen tv. i bought mine for $29.99, which is the official ones by nintendo but there are cheaper ones for under $20.

if you want to watch hd on your tv, you'll need to have an hd receiver, which can be subscribed to from your cable provider. the cables you need are the same for the consoles such as hdmi, component, or dvi, depending on what the available connections are on the receiver.

don't be tight spend some money and you won't be dissappointed you get what you pay for:crazy:

The Xbox 360 Elite actually has an HDMI cable included so you're good there. As far as an HDTV goes, people have given you a lot of great advice here. With all this you may also want to talk to someone at Best Buy or Circuit City about which exact model is right for you. I own Sony's and Sharp's and the quality is great. Good luck on your search.

Damn, I was hoping to contribute something valuable to this thread, but it seems that I've come too late. :D

Listen to DT... he's my wingman.

My suggestion is to get a 92". Everyone else is. Mine just arrived today in fact (well, part of it).

Back