Buying a Wii

djfinfan

WiiChat Member
Oct 19, 2007
I'm going to buy a Wii for my sons and would like to know if I need to buy a memory card, any cables, or any other items to get them up and running the day they open it? (I know I need 2 nunchucks and remote controllers). Thx

It should at least come with one remote and one nunchuk. Some bundles come with 2 remotes and 2 nunchuks though. You do not need a memory card.

The Wii will come with a cable with "RCA" style audio/video connections (composite). You will only need to buy another cable if you need S-Video or Component connections.

yeah what he said. The wii comes with one controller setup, you might want to grab an extra nunchuck and Wii Play which comes witha wiimote, then you'll have two controller setups plus 2 sets of mini games. That's all you "need" i'd also reccomend either a set of rechargable AA batteries or one of the charging stations, i got the one made by Nyko and it's working well and cost me $30( it's $5 MORE at gamestop than it is at circuit city or best buy).
aside from that everything else is just a bonus, like other games and accessories and what have you, no more than that it needed to play though(except a television and power i guess).

Kyle

Back