can u play

RACH74

lovin it
May 4, 2007
poole
can you play gamecube games on the wii as ive been told you can but dont want to buy them and find you cant

so far only been on the wii sports which is great and bought eledees at the weekend which is ok

Yeah you can
On the top of the Wii [Based on it being vertical] theres a door there that opens where you can plug your Gamecube controllers in

Hope that answers all your questions

- Smurf :thumbsup:

Yes, it plays them slightly faster at the loading screens. I was noticing this while playing RE4. The guy on gamespeedruns was loading about .5 seconds slower than me. I had to pause the avi video sometimes. All GC games work, you'll need a GC controller and memory card. The GC controller also works great with most VC games.

ok many thanks for your help i will stick with just getting wii games then

RACH74 said:
ok many thanks for your help i will stick with just getting wii games then

I thought you wanted to play GC games on your Wii? And they do work so why not buy some?

i got told buying the gc games are cheaper than the wii games but i dont have gc controller or memory card so no point going and buying all that

Ah ok. Well you have to remember when they made the Gamecube games they didn't have to idea of the Wii in mind, So how could they programme the GC games to work with the Wiimote....

I get where your comming from though..... :thumbsup:

im addicted at the moment with the wii and the xbox, many hours taken up just playing games, think they are defo worth the money

I've been going to some EB games shops to try and find good gamecube games, they are all pretty cheap now. A lot of the games have been sold though. I don't know if the price of memory cards and controllers has gone down.

Back