Capcom Has a Surprise for Resident Evil fans with a Wii.

I will probably still end up renting or buying this game, I just can't get enough Resident Evil.

I enjoyed Umbrella Chronicles and this is said to be different and darker so I like the sounds of that. I will get this on Wii and then RE5 on 360 looks like.

hope its a re5 port but sdly i probably wnt be. ha i realized people call dark prinny dp. double penetrate (kids dont look it up on google images) lol
And heres me thinking I need grammar lessons

I'm stick of this focus on light gun/on rails shooters with Wii. RE4 sold extremely so obviously that control scheme works on Wii why not improve it with a new Wii RE adventure game. Theres games are becoming too much.

RE: UC
RE: DC
HotD 2&3
HotD OK
Target Terror
Ghost Squad
Dead Space Extraction

Come on enough already

Why not House of The Dead the FPS where you actually control your guy
Why not a RE4 style RE ,and Dead Space

GRRR

Well House of the Dead has never been an FPS, so I wouldn't expect them to do that. But I like the abundance of Light Gun Shooters on Wii, I think developers have been wanting to make light gun games for home consoles for a while but didn't want to take the "Time Crisis" route and pack in an expensive gun controller with it. The Wii allows developers to make light gun games without any extra pack in. The dead space Rail shooter looks interesting, and HOTD: Overkill is a must buy. I love the light gun shooters keep em' coming.

*Note to all developers* Please include Wi-Fi leaderboards in all Light Gun games...it really gives it that true arcade feel. (thank you Ghost Squad)

Looks like they are going to localize the Resident Evil Zero and Resident Evil wiimakes as well.

In addition, Capcom is localizing the Wii ports of Resident Evil Zero (which Capcom's US branch previously declined at least twice) and the Resident Evil remake (which, as a port of a remake, is basically a zombie itself now) as a new "Resident Evil Classics" line for release this year. Both games feature new Wii Remote controls and will sell at a $29.99 price point, just like Nintendo's own ported Gamecube games!
Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/12/resident-evil-darkside-chronicles-wii-ports-of-re0-and-remake-a/

I will cross my fingers for a directly port of RE5!!
I don't interested in old franchises!!
A RE5 port using the same engine "MT Framework" they used for Xbox360/Ps3 will be better, pushing the Wii's hardware to the limits!!
And add the RE4 Wii Edition controls, the result "The best RE5 version even better than the Xbox360/Ps3 versions"
Cross your fingers!!
Is this kid for real?

No, my friend I'm not a kid!!
I see the UC:DarkSide screenshoots and thankfully are amazing!!
They updated the RE Remake graphics and sure they adapted it to the MTFramework engine, now looks cristal clear graphics. Good step foward Capcom!!
I think Capcom experimented with some engines to match the perfect fit for Wii graphics, first with railshooters and later with third person shooters. That is why I hope RE5 coming next year for Wii!!
Today the AMD CEO prices the Wii's Hollywood GPU already dispached 50 millions chips and he say that only, repeat only the developers reached the 40% of the total horsepower that the GPU can perform (probably HV). So is more room to explore inside the hook Wii's hardware!!
That's complete posible!!
If you don't care check the game's screenshoots, I really don't see the difference between this game and a high quality xbox360 game in the graphics department frankly!!

The screens dont look that great~

The character models look nice and the lighting is cool. But a lot of the background textures look like crap~ it looks just as good as the remakes that were on the cube....

Back