Change the front LEDs on your wii

typhoon_2099

Banned
Mar 3, 2007
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1kxo0K_AFA[/MEDIA]

Check out the video for a tutorial on how to change the LEDs in your wii's disc slot.

i think ill keep the warranty instead of changin the led light.
Thanks for showin it anyways

It is the coolest mod for the Wii yet, The chips are plain dumb this is kinda cool. Though I like my Warranty :)

Am I right in saying the warranty only lasts 3 months? I think it's that or 1 year. Either way I wanted purple lights so I just did it.

typhoon_2099 said:
Am I right in saying the warranty only lasts 3 months? I think it's that or 1 year. Either way I wanted purple lights so I just did it.

I think the warranty is one year but if you register it then they extend it for I believe 90 days. Nintendo would know that you took it apart because the light would be different.

Wiinoob said:
:confused: How does nintendo know you took the Wii apart?

Well on the video it says theres some stickers hiding the screws. If that sticker is gone obviously you've done something. You wouldn't remove the stickers for no reason....

Also they will have certain tightness for the screws. Like 5 full turns to loosen. If that is wrong obviously someone has edited it...

They will have really bizarre tests for it dude.

Yeah, i'd like to keep my warranty too, I think it would be sweet to have IR LEDs in there, then face a cam to it to see if you get messages, the new invisable ink, invisable alert

Back