CoD: modern warfare 2

ive been saying that for months. the logo hasnt been there in ages.

darn, i may have to crack down and buy a 360...game looks awesome

yea, im actually really surprised its not. WaW sold over 1 million copies on wii, so basically they know they can match that at the very least. Ive never heard of a company not making as much money as possible. They need to take advantage of the CoD series while they can because its popularity will not last forever. its a bad business model not to make this game for wii.

its not worth buying a ps3/xbox for just this game. no game is worth several hundred dollars. i would rather put that amount of money into savings than blow it on one video game.

yea, im actually really surprised its not. WaW sold over 1 million copies on wii, so basically they know they can match that at the very least. Ive never heard of a company not making as much money as possible. They need to take advantage of the CoD series while they can because its popularity will not last forever. its a bad business model not to make this game for wii.

its not worth buying a ps3/xbox for just this game. no game is worth several hundred dollars. i would rather put that amount of money into savings than blow it on one video game.

Totally agree, there are very few games that I would seriously consider paying up to $300 for. Personally I would buy the PC version anyway.

It is rather up in the air still as to whether COD:MW2 will be coming to the Wii or not as there has been no official announcement either way yet.

Some stores have a placemarker for a Wii version, some don't. Even though the official site doesn't have the Wii logo that doesn't make it conclusive as it is for IW who wouldn't be making the Wii version anyway, if there is one it would be made by Treyarch again. Some Spanish websites have posted that it is coming to the Wii but whether there is any fact to this or if it is just speculation is unknown.

It would seem strange not to have COD:MW2 on Wii seeing as they already ported the COD4 engine over. It could be that there will be a Wii version that will release at a later date than the 360/PS3/PC ones, although that doesn't make much sense if they want to maximise sales.

Totally agree, there are very few games that I would seriously consider paying up to $300 for. Personally I would buy the PC version anyway.

It is rather up in the air still as to whether COD:MW2 will be coming to the Wii or not as there has been no official announcement either way yet.

Some stores have a placemarker for a Wii version, some don't. Even though the official site doesn't have the Wii logo that doesn't make it conclusive as it is for IW who wouldn't be making the Wii version anyway, if there is one it would be made by Treyarch again. Some Spanish websites have posted that it is coming to the Wii but whether there is any fact to this or if it is just speculation is unknown.

It would seem strange not to have COD:MW2 on Wii seeing as they already ported the COD4 engine over. It could be that there will be a Wii version that will release at a later date than the 360/PS3/PC ones, although that doesn't make much sense if they want to maximise sales.

COD:Modern Warfare 2 isn't the only reason why you should pay a few hundred bucks on a PS3. It's the COD series from 4 to World at War to Modern Warfare 2, Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, Metal Gear, etc. The Wii controls are better but the PS3 graphics are top of the line amazing and the extra content will keep you playing for a very long time.
Add Blu-ray, free online, and maybe a price drop or a bundle by holiday season, everybody who can afford a few hundred bucks should have one. You have no idea what you're missing out. Specially if you have a big hdtv. Buy it at Target, try it out for 90 days, if you don't think it's worth it then return it.

COD:Modern Warfare 2 isn't the only reason why you should pay a few hundred bucks on a PS3. It's the COD series from 4 to World at War to Modern Warfare 2, Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5, Metal Gear, etc. The Wii controls are better but the PS3 graphics are top of the line amazing and the extra content will keep you playing for a very long time.
Add Blu-ray, free online, and maybe a price drop or a bundle by holiday season, everybody who can afford a few hundred bucks should have one. You have no idea what you're missing out. Specially if you have a big hdtv. Buy it at Target, try it out for 90 days, if you don't think it's worth it then return it.

I have a PS3 and my play time ratio of my Wii to my PS3 is about 65:35. I don't know, I just like my Wii.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said the wii controls are better and the ps3 is great on a a big hdtv. I love using the gun with CoD WaW. I dont see myself using other types of controls for a FPS ever again. And I do not have a HDTV, just a regular. Although, If I had to choose between the ps3 or xbox, i would go xbox. I dont think blue ray is enticing. 90% of the movies i watch are streamed from netflix or ondemand, so i dont even need a dvd player anymore.

I agree with you completely. However I'm not surprised that they didn't come over to Wii. Infinity Ward has never expressed any interest in the Wii at all since it was announced. But I do agree with you, if Modern Warfare 2 came onto the Wii it would probably sell as good, if not MUCH better than WaW did. And they would probably set-up a kick-ass online infrastructure, but if they want to pass up that opportunity then that's on them.

Treyarch will most definitely make a CoD6 for the Wii due to it's early success. But as far as I know, Infinity Ward has no interest at all in making a Wii version. It's not plausible at this time.

Back