Commodore 64 Games on VC

Wii_Rulez

Waluigi The Great
Jun 12, 2006
SC
Wii Online Code
3498-5538-0554-5440
More good news for retro-gaming fans: Commodore 64 games are being added to the fold of titles for the Wii's virtual console.

The ancient computer system was the most powerful, far-out gaming machine around in the early-mid 80s, and a new generation of gamer will now be able to behold its old school glory while geriatric gamers revel in digital nostaligia as they play the following games from Epyx:

Impossible Mission 1 & 2
Winter Games
Summer Games 1 & 2
Pitstop
Jumpman Junior
If you've never experienced the glory that is Winter and Summer Games, you're in for a real treat. They come with the TheFeed stamp of approval.

Source

HOLY ____ !!!! This is the greatest thing I've ever heard. If ever I needed a reason to buy the Wii, this would be the reason I need! Winter Games and Summer Games are some of the coolest games you'll ever play. Great for fun with mates. Some of the games I remember in Summer Games; Rodeo Horse, Cliff Diving, Weight Lifting. Wow, now I'm really excited about this console. Next game we need added to this list is Lemmings. Oh crap, and Super Frog... *Breathes* *Dies*

Update: This story is no longer fully accurate.

As reported in our second episode, System 3 who owns the IP for Epyx has amended their statement as follows:

"A Nintendo Power editor merely speculated the announced C64 games would come to the Virtual Console, when in fact two are being remade for the PSP, DS, and Wii. To quote: 'System 3 will release Impossible Mission on PSP & DS in January 2007, 3 weeks later it will come to Wii, with California Games for PSP & DS in May 2007, and again 3 weeks later it will come to Wii.' Hope this helps."

Source via Kotaku

Sorry all. I was just as excited as you.

Oh man! The Commodore 64 was my first real gaming experience way back when I was a mere wee lad. :lol: I LOVED the soccer game they had for it. Oh well, hopefully Nintendo will officially anounce this eventually.

i am so glad that i'm not the only one on here who remembers owning a C64:lol:
i don't feel quite so old now. do you think they will bring out more classic games from the C64 & possible the spectrum too?

Hopefully all the classic consoles are embraced by the Virtual Console. It's just more money for them and Nintendo, so there's no reason not to. :yesnod:

SPY VS SPY
a bloke at work is going on about it

Back