Component Cables and Disc Slot Cushion

Phlipbak

WiiChat Member
Oct 28, 2007
1) Ok, so I have a 23" Samsung HDTV and my 360 looks amazing on it in 720p, and my Wii looks kinda crappy with the composite cables on it, so I wanna get the component cables. Do I just swap cables and play once I get them, or do I have to change some setting on the Wii so that it will send a 480p signal and not a 480i?

2) I looked down at my Wii the other day and noticed something different. The small black cushiony pads that protect the disc in the disc slot when you slide it in were messed up. There is one on each side of the tiny disc slot, and they are the little pieces that look like little pieces of black cushion type stuff. Well, about half of the cushion on the right side of the disc slot was missing, but I don't know what happened. If I were to insert a disc, it's the cushion on the side that would rub the top of the disc where the label is, not where the data is, so I don't think it's gonna scratch the disc at all. I inserted a couple different discs and they went in smoothly and played fine, no scratching, so I should not have to worry about this right? And even so is there any way to repair this or will Nintendo repair it?

Any and all help is totally appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Lol it's cool.. do you just set it to wide?

And can anyone else help with my #2?

Anyone? I don't mean to rush, but I need to know pretty soon before I have to go seomwhere. Thanks!

Setting it to wide is one thing. But don't forget to change the TV Resolution setting on your wii. I believe the 480p resolution option is only available when you have a component cable connected.

Sorry no idea about #2

Wait where is there an option to change resolution in wii settings?

Yeah there is a resolution setting. go to wii options >> wii settings >> Screen >> TV Resolution. In there you will be able to select theh 480p resolution that will make things look pretty nice on your HDTV.

Awesome, thanks man. I had actually found it right after I posted that lol.

Any help on #2?

Back