Confirmed? Wii price to be reduced to US$ 199 by September 27th

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
From wii.qj.net Nintendo might offically be dropping the wii price down to $199

We've seen the fray of retailers pointing to the elusive Wii price cut, and now we've got what could be the closest thing to a pre-announcement confirmation we can get. Nintendo will be slashing the Wii price to just US$ 199 come September 27th.

Nintendo shared this information during a retailer conference call where a Nintendojo staffer was present. Nintendojo now confirms that the Wii price cut is real.

As for the announcement, it's likely that we'll hear it from Nintendo at TGS.

Smart move by Nintendo.

That's all I can say really.

but i thought they weren't attending TGS? something you posted castlezelda even said they were skipping TGS and instead going to thier own private show

i did, but they might of changed their minds.

This would have convinced me to buy it (again) but than i have no place to put the sensor bar..

We have a XBR4 tv on a table that has this table wall mount thingy so theirs no way to put it on it.

Plus I dont want to go through the hassle of finding it...again.

Wii Price Cut Not Influenced By Sony And Microsoft.

Denise Kaigler, Vice President of Nintendo America,said the Wii's price drop has nothing to do with their competitors dropping the price on their system.

"We were not driven by any other factors but our own business decision to do this. As I mentioned, this was timed to take place exactly when we’re executing it. The holiday period is the best time for us to offer this great incentive for these consumers on the sidelines.

We’re about to launch a couple of very strong titles. We announced yesterday the launch date for Super Mario Bros. Wii. We just launched Wii Sports Resort. On October 4, we’ll launch Wii Fit Plus. With the great content that has already launched on Wii and is soon to launch on Wii, the timing is right to give consumers even more incentive to go out and purchase the industry’s best-selling home video console.”

By business decision, I'm speculating she means that that the Wii's sales are slipping as we reported a couple weeks ago. This is the same women who denied all the rumors of a Wii price cut.

They had to do this since Sony dropped the PS3 price. I'd be pleased if I didn't already have two of the things, neither of which get used anymore...

Rob

Back