Connect with iMac?

Rreed423

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2008
There is a wi-fi connection that I have used for my Wii, but I don't know where the base is or who runs it. I don't want to transmit any information like my credit card over that connection.
I was hoping I could use Airport on my iMac to create a connection. I set up a network, and the Wii can find it, but it tells me the password is wrong. Is it possible to use a computer as a connection?

check nintendo's usb wifi adapter... it may just be for PC. your macs wireless will not run as an AccessPoint (Airport).

:) APs are like $30 on sale, BestBuy.

Last edited:
Thanks

Okay, thanks. I will look at Best Buy for those.

idjut said:
check nintendo's usb wifi adapter... it may just be for PC. your macs wireless will not run as an AccessPoint (Airport).

:) APs are like $30 on sale, BestBuy.

I believe you can share your imac's internet, now I'm not so sure.

So you don't have internet yourself? You're just mooching off a neighbor? Well, there's not much you can do other than just connect to it. I don't see how you would connect through your computer or what the point would be. Everything will be transmitted through your neighbor's bandwidth regardless of how you set things up on your end.

Just connect and play.

Or get your own internet.

Another countless reason not to trust a Mac... :scared:

Working_Mac.jpg

FRuMMaGe said:
Linux ftw :yesnod:

Mac is for rich kids trying to be cool

Mac is for professional graphic artists.... Who insisted they would do more freelance jobs if only they had a Mac of their own. :smilewinkgrin:

I just wanted to add an update for Mac users... that link I posted WORKS!! You don't need a router, or any extra accessories. You can make a wireless access point from your existing DSL connection!

There were some things I had issues with that the website didn't explain, so if anyone needs any additional help, please feel free to PM me!!

Looking forward to playing online tonight!! :cool:

cmer11 said:
Good Luck fighting Viruses and Spyware!! I know I don't...

Even when I used windows, that was never an issue for me. Good luck finding anything compatible with your os that isn't made by Apple ((thus the reason for this thread :scared: )

FRuMMaGe said:
Mac is for rich kids trying to be cool

^QFT

Back