Connecting to an 802.11g network

I have a problem with G mode only as well. Here's Nintendo's official response:
Nintendo said:
Message(#6851-000539-0543\5390543)

Hello,

First, I can confirm that the Wii console is not a 802.11b only device, despite the claims you're hearing from the internet. Forums and sites like the one you reference are where people go when they're having problems, but you never hear from the people who aren't having problems because they're too busy playing.

As you didn't say which brand and model router you're using, or provide the specific error/error code, I'm unable to troubleshoot your connection issues. If you have tried all of the troubleshooting options listed on our site with no success, we would like to speak with you directly. At your earliest convenience, please call 1-800-255-3700. Our representatives are available between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week.

Nintendo of America Inc.
R.M. Rickets

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529

Wireless-G Working on Linksys WRT54GX4

I was also having problems connecting to my Linksys WRT54GX4 router. For awhile I was only running successfully in mixed mode, but I then decided to tweak a few of my router settings and was successful in connected to my G-only network after changing two settings.

First, I set my wireless channel to 1 as was recommended on Nintendo's support site (they suggested using either 1 or 11). Second, I disabled the "Adaptive Channel Expansion" feature. That's what worked for me. Hope it helps.

I have a NetGear RangeMAX WPN824 set to G-Only, with WPA-PSK [TKIP] for the security on channel 1.

No issues at all. I connect fine.

i use a linksys WRTP54G router G-Only, i use a WEP so all u need to do is set it to key 1 and it works fine.

I have a WRT54G

Firstly had it working in Mixed mode on #11

Then swapped to G only with WPA - AES Key

All works a treat, yes the Wii does work in G mode only.

Back