Connecting WII to an LCD

korndevil666

WiiChat Member
Dec 10, 2006
Hi, i have a LCD monitor and im getting a Wii for xmas. just wanted to check whether the cables that comes with the wii will allow me to connect up to my LCD, or will i need to purchase any extra cables?

thanks alot

korndevil666 said:
Hi, i have a LCD monitor and im getting a Wii for xmas. just wanted to check whether the cables that comes with the wii will allow me to connect up to my LCD, or will i need to purchase any extra cables?

thanks alot

Assuming by LCD monitor you mean computer monitor, you are going to need a converter between your DVI or VGA cable for your monitor. Unless you happen to have video inputs on your monitor.

Wii can use Composite (Bundled), S-video (sold separately), or Component (sold separately) Cables. Most LCD Monitors only support VGA and / or DVI connections. Which means that you'll not only probably need to buy new cables, but also a converter box. Price tag runs around $100 for such a setup - it might be worth it to look into getting a TV.

Okay thanks. Im not sure on the inputs since i do not have access to my monitor at the moment but i know i already have an S-Video cable because i bought 1 about 2 years ago when i first had my Xbox which worked fine with it. Ill have to check my LCD when i get home. thanks

Nintedo's store is good - that's where I got my component cables from. As for a converter box, I've never fooled with one.

The input connectors on the specification says that

"Input connector D-Sub, DVI-D"

Back