Control issues?

Insomniac

17 w45 7h3 h4xx0rz
Nov 21, 2006
Virginia, USA
Wii Online Code
6027-4501-7884-6629
Im sorry if this has been asked a bazillion times. But Im finding this game is having trouble with the wiimote. Sometimes it will just go nutso on me, and jump all around the screen. I see it mostly when my character backs into a corner, like facing one. :drool:

Anyone else have this issue, and if so, is there a way to rememdy it? Im actually enjoying the game alot, but when the "cursor" goes crazy, I just want to hit someone! :mad5:

I think your moving the wii remote too much because I had the same problem the first time I played. Also make sure the sensor bar posistion is closer to the screen I ended up moving mine to the top of the tv and that helped.

I have had a lot of the same problem. I think big willa is right, I went to play it at my friends house and he had he Wii much closer to where us than I did, and it worked much better. But I still think it has quite a few issues.

Make sure theres no bright lights, reflective surfaces etc, that cause interference...
Also adjust the sensor bar sensitivity until theres only 2 dots blinking when you point the remote anywhere on the TV and none anywhere around it,

My wiimote doesnt work good anywhere further than 5 feet sadly.. (works fine with Zelda TP though from the couch) my couch is 9 feet away from the tv and theres a coffee table right infront, it would be a pain for me to move it everytime :prrr:

(3ft - 8ft is the recommended position to play at)

Last edited:
Miragepie said:
Make sure theres no bright lights, reflective surfaces etc, that cause interference...
Also adjust the sensor bar sensitivity until theres only 2 dots blinking when you point the remote anywhere on the TV and none anywhere around it,

My wiimote doesnt work good anywhere further than 5 feet sadly.. (works fine with Zelda TP though from the couch) my couch is 9 feet away from the tv and theres a coffee table right infront, it would be a pain for me to move it everytime :prrr:

(3ft - 8ft is the recommended position to play at)

I play all my wii games from across the room (well over 9 feet away). You just have to calibrate your remote, from across the room! I have no control issues, and when I did, I alieviated them by calibrating and replacing batteries.

It works really well if you can put the sensor bar where the tv is sitting. What I mean is don't set it under the dvd/vcr player UNDER where your tv is actually sitting, that way you can actually point at the tv where you want the cursor to go.

I've had no problems at all, i've had loads of fun w/ the sports (especially tennis), so much fun =) =) =)

I as well enjoy the game. It's fun zooming in with the Wii-Mote and picking the guy off with a headshot. But the only bad thing is the damn turning! They make it so you have to jam your cursor to the side of the screen to turn, which makes it a very slow-paced FPS. FPS' are made to be fast-paced, which is prolly why everybody says it sucks. But the whole concept, and when the controller isn't wacked up, it's just plain fun. :)

ssbb_lover said:
It works really well if you can put the sensor bar where the tv is sitting. What I mean is don't set it under the dvd/vcr player UNDER where your tv is actually sitting, that way you can actually point at the tv where you want the cursor to go.

I've had no problems at all, i've had loads of fun w/ the sports (especially tennis), so much fun =) =) =)

Wii sports don't use the pointer at all, and he is asking about Red Steel...

Last edited:
ssbb_lover said:

LMAO..! This is so true I love the game for what it is a FPS. I just don't know why UBI thought it would be cool to make your arm move first then the camera follows. the hand should be stationary and the camera view should follow the Wii-Mote...? That to me is the only flaw worth mentioning. Does UBISOFT even have game testers...? Later

Jenova said:
Wii sports don't use the pointer at all, and he is asking about Red Steel...
I know, i was just saying i've had loads of fun w/ it, and I know he is talking about Red Steel. I have Red Steel and it has worked perfectly.

Back