Copying VC Games to SD Card

durabull

Durabull
Dec 2, 2006
Okay...I know VC Games are exclusive to one console, but I've also been hearing for months now, that you can back the roms up to an SD card. I've DL'd 3 VC games now, and when I go into my data backup screen, it says none can be copied to the card.

Why is that?

And if they can't be copied to the SD card, then why is Nintendo marketing their own WII SD Cards that are available everywhere (For a very bloated price).

If anyone has their action replay for the gamecube, you can use that in conjunction with your Wii (and gamecube sd adapter) and play as many roms as you like on your wii, without the hassle of nintendo adding shitty games to the VC.

Anyone done this?

SensoryAmusia said:
If anyone has their action replay for the gamecube, you can use that in conjunction with your Wii (and gamecube sd adapter) and play as many roms as you like on your wii, without the hassle of nintendo adding shitty games to the VC.

Anyone done this?

Start a new thread. No point in hijacking this one.

Yeah first make sure to have the latest update.

The problem with putting the games on SD cards though is that if you take them off your system memory you can't play them off of the SD card. You would have to copy them back to the console. So if you only have 3 then I would say don't worry about it right now.

FSUMercerian17 said:
Yeah first make sure to have the latest update.

The problem with putting the games on SD cards though is that if you take them off your system memory you can't play them off of the SD card. You would have to copy them back to the console. So if you only have 3 then I would say don't worry about it right now.

It is possible to copy the virtual console games to sd memory card I done it already and took it to a friend of mines house cause he has a wii and I transfered the data I had on the sd memory card now he has my games I bought for free without using any wii points imagine that.

Hyrulian Knight of Legend said:
It is possible to copy the virtual console games to sd memory card I done it already and took it to a friend of mines house cause he has a wii and I transfered the data I had on the sd memory card now he has my games I bought for free without using any wii points imagine that.
are you sure the file worked on the other Wii? Just because the channel shows up dosen't mean the game will work

Yeah that seems like a big hole in the service if you can just trade cards. Of course if your friend deletes it then he's out of luck. I just wish Nintendo would make it to where you can play VC games that are on a SD card without saving them to the console.

Idiots will go ahead and do this, and if nintendo is getting less $ from VC then what it costs to put out, Bye bye Virtual Console in the next firmware update lol.

Back