Could this work?

nsdcx121

WiiChat Member
Jul 16, 2006
I was thinking of the little port at the bottom of the Wii, and I came up with this theory. The port connects to a special dock that charges the Wii remotes. The dock would hold the Wii in the center, and 2 docks on either side for all 4 remotes. This would eliminate the need for external docks to charge the remotes and its a logical use for that little port. What do you all think?

It is probably for add-ons to the unit, some say the dvd player function will be sold seperately as an add-on unit, it may attach there.

I believe that's what its for but the whole wii hub is a good idea u should submit it and the whole charging bay is great cuzi hate buying batteries for controllers even more then I hate buying memory cards

Well, there's a whole other thread for the batteries/no batteries discussion, but I don't know exactly what you're talking about when you say "submit it." Are you saying submit it to Nintendo?

why is everyone saying that the dvd will be sold as an attachment...arent the games for the wii on dvd formatted cds?

Last time I checked, they were on DVDs, but I'm not sure.

well if theyre on dvds then the wii will play dvds straight outa the box no adapter needed

Just because it has a dvd player doesn't mean it has dvd movie play-back, just like with a computer you have to have the decoder, they might not include that to keep development costs, frankly I dont care if it does have a dvd movie player in it since I have about 5 includeing my computer. and only 3 devices to display the movies, 2 tvs and 1 monitor. I really don't need another.

its the same thing with the xbox. it can play dvds but you have to buy a dongle that comes with the remote to actually watch them.

nsdcx121 said:
Well, there's a whole other thread for the batteries/no batteries discussion, but I don't know exactly what you're talking about when you say "submit it." Are you saying submit it to Nintendo?
the wii-mote will have 2 aa batterys.

Back