DAMPE' FAKED DEATH!!!! (creator of 2D OOT)

Joe

Banned
Oct 23, 2006
Parker CO
Wii Online Code
5856-5939-3035-0479
We all remember the day we heard 15 year old, Richard Denton died in a car crash.....well turns out its not true!

Heres the article showing that Dampe' is very alive!
http://squidnews.com/2007/04/01/dampes-not-dead-ocarina-of-time-2d-creator-fakes-his-death/#more-76

Heres some more PROOF!
He has gotten onto his YouTube account within the last 3 hours!!!

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=dampe
heres his profile.
He evens says,
"No seriously guys Im dead, stop disrespecting me"
but that comment was already deleted by Dampe himself ( a short while ago)
I geuss he realized how serious this is when he found he had 41 comments within a few hours

Damn, I dont know if this was a sick Aprils Fool trick or just some way for him to get out of doing the project...

Last edited:
Yeah well I doubt that that's actually Dampe' anyone could've made that account, (it was made in 2006 btw) so its just a load of crap.
RIP Dampe'

deity_link said:
Yeah well I doubt that that's actually Dampe' anyone could've made that account, (it was made in 2006 btw) so its just a load of crap.
RIP Dampe'

Did you read the first article!?
Dampe is alive and it is very very true!

He prolly did since there was a lot of pressure an people were expecting it to be done, and he didn't want to finish it so they made up that stuff

or he just died

omg random taco how long has that comment been there in your sig?! LMAO

and if this is an april fools joke its a bit disturbing. ive heard plenty of fake deaths before but come on.....i dont think i buy this one at all

I doubt someone so young would do something as extreme as faking their own death to get out of the pressure of finishing a project he was doing

Last edited:
A RAND0M TAC0 said:
He prolly did since there was a lot of pressure an people were expecting it to be done, and he didn't want to finish it so they made up that stuff

But the one thing I dont get is he could have just passed it on to someone else...but instead he just dumps the project and says hes dead!
thats just ****ed up

Joe said:
But the one thing I dont get is he could have just passed it on to someone else...but instead he just dumps the project and says hes dead!
thats just ****ed up
Exactly my point why would he fake his death to get out of it he could've very easily announced he was taking a break or passing it on to someone else (Sorry bout saying this cheesy line but...) its higlhy illogical

The guy is really pathetic for doing that. Using death as an excuse to get out of a project is very ignorant and disrespectful. If he didn't want to do the project anymore then all he had to do was say so. There was no deadline on this game other than him saying it was going to be done in 2006. There would be a ton of people out there willing to help out with the project given the great head start he already set up. (From the footage he released it looked very well done) .I don't understand why this kid would do something like this to the internet community by staging a death.

If its true then this person is a coward and a pathetic excuse for a human being. Sure my comment may sound harsh but what he did was uncalled for and disrespectful to his so called fans.

His reasons for wanting people to think he is dead was so that they would stop adding him and asking about OoT2D, and to also kill his reputation, stopping whatever pressures he may or may not have been under to complete his game…

If he wanted to quit the project he should have come out and said it instead of going to extra trouble by faking his own death.

It sounded fishy to me from the start, if this is April Fools...you shouldn't joke about that.

Last edited:
who's dampe? and how does everyone know him? and how well known is he?

Back