Defending this strategy

Sevn.7

WiiChat Member
Jan 15, 2008
So there is this certain tactic that I seem to lose against quite often. I usually maintain 3 wins for every loss. It usually consist something like. DK in the middle and a power shooter beside him while they use 2 ghosts to sit back and charge the ball then lob pass it to DK or the other shooter.

Yes, I know how to interrupt a lob pass but more often than not I fail to do it enough. Going after the ghost is useless even with a fast character.

Every single time the oponent gets the ball its the same thing. Cower away with the ghost then make a quick pass and pound it in.

How can I get my players set up to stop those lob passes better?

P.S. I use mario, koopa troopa, boo, D-bones

Read the Boo deke. Chances are they charge-deke-charge. If they're like the mediocre players I keep seeing in single player, they deke in one direction, usually down or back. Run up to them, but don't tackle them until they use the deke.

Know where their shooters are at all times. If you're just aware of where they are, then you can most of the time beat them to the ball.

Learn to pass-intercept. Instead of clearing the ball with kick, if you can get the hang of hitting A right before they're about to shoot, it really throws off their team.

Keep the ball. Get up by 1 or 2 and try to keep it away from them. Keep passes low or on the ground.

Hit them. A lobbing team can't use their items 100% effectively (read: they don't have many interior sure-goals. Diddy's flip, Boo deke are a few of them.) When you knock their game out of rhythm, that's when they're the most vulnerable.

Switch either your captain or your Koopa. Straight up, it's a waste to have 2 balance characters imo. You should add a power shooter or a Hammer Bros. but that's just my opinion.

hey my record now is like 7wins and 70 losses i think i am really bad. I need to know how to do Tricks. i lob the ball with my toad to donkey kong and try to score. i use dk, birdo, hamer bro,toad or boo, and dry bones. I also see it when ppl jump over the goalie with toad and jump through with dry bones. i try it but i always get body checked by the goalie keep plz help me someone:crazy:

Back