Deleting Threads...Revisited

RivalDestiny

WiiChat Member
Staff member
Dec 15, 2006
Michigan
Wii Online Code
0409-5781-9484-0073
Alright, i know this has already been brought up earlier. But we really need a option where we can delete threads. There has been a lot fighting lately with our wiichat members. We have to keep this community as fresh and friendly as possible. By doing this it would help us a lot.

And guys there's a "bad post" button by the reputation button, was just wondering if that actually worked? And if anyone is actually using it.

There should also be a option where the user cannot double post. There has to be a code out there where when someone posts something, you can't click on the "post a reply" or just the quick reply thing.

I've read the other topic on this and the mod just said to pm him/her. What if he/she's not on. What if it already went out of hand? Many feelings could be hurt in this process, and we need to take action.

I think this forum needs to be a tad bit stricter on this. These 3 things can make this a better forum. Hope you take it in consideration.

Thanks

~Rival

Last edited:
Good thread, i will start using that 'bad post' button, never noticed it before. plus, we need stronger swear word filters as i often swear when i get pissed at people, i cant help it lol.

Yeah I haven't ever used the bad post button. I guess I'll start using it now. What will it do anyways?

wiiisawesome said:
Yeah I haven't ever used the bad post button. I guess I'll start using it now. What will it do anyways?

It will alert/email/pm a mod/mods to the post.

wiiisawesome said:
It gives the person bad rep.

Honestly, i think it's a horrible button. People can abuse it so easily if they're stupid and childish, just click on one post by every member you don't like once a day...bad rep, bad rep, bad rep....I think the rep button is a great idea, as you can't abuse it, if you hate someone you can't do anything unjust, but if you really like someone, you can rep them.

Bad Rep Button = abuse

i constantly use the report button but when i was talking to mitch (a fellow mod here) he said he never gets the emails from [email protected] or wtvr the server is called that they use.

he attempted to contact i0n but again, no response from that guy (like everything else....no offense)

anyways, 9/10 times when i PM prez, hes usually online to intercept the fights. he does a good job in helping so i cant complain. prez and mitch i respect very much (not that i dont respect the other mods, i jsut dont know them as well)

rival, no member will ever have the power to delete threads becuase if they did then there would be absolute chaos. so a mod is just going to tell you what we already know and thats to "PM them if we have a problem"

:(

problems do go away but it takes some time before anyone can solve them (kind of like how all crimes on TV dont take 30 min to solve lol- think of it just like that if you will)

wiiisawesome said:
Oh that's good, it looks like i'm gonna be using this a lot now...hehe...:D

he he yer thats probably true! lol:D

lee.jarratt said:
he he yer thats probably true! lol:D

Yes, I truly am evil.:devil: ..but I mean in a good way...hold on, is that possible? But don't worry I would never abuse that button...

The_Loose_Cannon said:
no member will ever have the power to delete threads becuase if they did then there would be absolute chaos.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Hmm..I'm beginning to think maybe we do have a problem with our mods, I mean Mitch and Prez are the only ones I see on here now, Trulen (sp?) ocasionally also. And i0n hasn't been on for about 5 days I do believe.

With wiichat getting busier I do think we need some new mods about the place.

i like being able to swear when i feel its needed

banning swearing only causes swearing to be spelt poorly

sHittt or fucckk or bitchh

what does that achieve ?

surfinrach90 said:
Hmm..I'm beginning to think maybe we do have a problem with our mods, I mean Mitch and Prez are the only ones I see on here now, Trulen (sp?) ocasionally also. And i0n hasn't been on for about 5 days I do believe.

With wiichat getting busier I do think we need some new mods about the place.

oh great, not another "we need mods" thread- rach dont get em started sweetheart.

mitch isnt on AOL right now and i PMed prez roughly 5-10 min ago. keep in mind they too have lives outside of wiichat that require them to use the outside world (shocking lol).

i dont know what else to say except what we already know. if it werent for arrogent idiots who feel the need to run up and ruffle feathers, there would be no need to delete any posts but unfortuntily, we dont live in a perfect "internet world"

its the way it is and the report buttons/rep fuctions will just have to suffice

well at least i tried :frown2:, seems peace may never come to our fragile earth.

~Rival

RivalDestiny said:
well at least i tried :frown2:, seems peace may never come to our fragile earth.

~Rival

welcome to my job/life

take a number and have a seat :mad2:

Back