Demos On Wiiware?

Dando

# 1 stunna
Jun 3, 2007
Tama
Wii Online Code
7815-9945-1799-5405
Does anyone know if Nintendo plans on using Wiiware to release playable demos similar to Xbox Live? I know Nintendo did the preview for Metriod but it was lame streaming videos. What it boils down to is that I nees a galaxy and SSBB fix now!

Well Galaxy is out in a few days, assuming you live in North America/Japan.

But its uncertain the direction Wiiware is headed.
That is a big possibility and hopefully it comes to fruition.

It seems to me that downloadable demos on the Wii is highly unlikely. Mainly because the Wii only has 512MB of onboard memory. The typical Xbox 360 demo download is between 500MB and 1GB... so, I'm pretty sure a Wii demo download would be at least in the range of 250MB, or so. Basically, it would leave you no room left on your Wii for anything but 1, maybe 2, demos. Unfortunately. :(

Hopefully Nintendo soon realizes the err of their ways and comes out with a Wii that has a real hard drive in it. :) lol

Well In my point of view about the memory space...it shouldn't be a problem since we have the opportunity to use sd cards... Hopfully nintendo would create an external hard drive which can be plugged by the USB port so that we can have more memory space...Cause I am sure using any other external hdd that is not from nintendo wont work. XD But still remember we got SD cards and You can always erase the wiiwares and download them again with no cost after the first transaction.

Eddy04 said:
Well In my point of view about the memory space...it shouldn't be a problem since we have the opportunity to use sd cards... Hopfully nintendo would create an external hard drive which can be plugged by the USB port so that we can have more memory space...Cause I am sure using any other external hdd that is not from nintendo wont work. XD But still remember we got SD cards and You can always erase the wiiwares and download them again with no cost after the first transaction.

Regarding deleting / re-downloading games, and the hard drive issue, please see my posts in the following threads:

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/40559-no-hard-drive-wii.html
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/40580-nintendo-america-no-wii-hardrives.html

I believe my response in those threads will shed some light into why I feel the way I do about this particular subject. :)

Well yes I know...But nintendo has been saying it from the beginning your vc games and all the different downloadable thingys will be just for your wii specification. Remember each wii is different so when you change wiis then you loose what you downloaded. It is good of nintendo giving us gamers the oportunity to download games over and over even if we delete them but I is much better to have them in our control! XD It would be much better I suggest.
I still think the wii should have had the ability to read until 4gb sd cards..and not only 2. I just hope they build up an external hdd for the wii ASAP!!! Cause i wanna play that final fantasy wiiware and just checking out those graphic effects...Damn that game must be heavy as hell!

evopanop said:
Regarding deleting / re-downloading games, and the hard drive issue, please see my posts in the following threads:

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/40559-no-hard-drive-wii.html
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-chat/40580-nintendo-america-no-wii-hardrives.html

I believe my response in those threads will shed some light into why I feel the way I do about this particular subject. :)

A Nintendo of America representative recently shot down rumours that the Nintendo Wii may be getting a hard drive to facilitate upcoming WiiWare titles.

"The way that we look at it is, we really don't want people storing every single game they buy on their drive," PR manager Eric Walter told Play.

"When you buy a game, it's yours forever, so you can delete it, and go back and get it at any time you want. In a way, we liken it to putting music on your iPod; you listen to it for a while, and then you get tired of it, and you pull it off, and you put some new stuff on."

This is not true I would rather have all my music so that I can have a big repertory to choose the same with my games.

I agree with Eric. I have a 360 Pro and after I play a demo I delete it. Its not that big of a deal. I own about 11 360 games and a handful of arcade games and have not even come close to filling the hard drive. Demos can't possibly be as big as some N64 games from the VC right?

Back