Disc upside down?

Goots

Wii noob
Dec 9, 2006
North Wales, UK
My daughters' Wii is currently wrapped up under the christmas tree, awaiting the special day :)

When I got the Wii, I set it all up to make sure everything was working, configured it for my wireless router, did the updates etc... and positioned it where it was going to "live" to see how it went alongside our vhs/dvd/satellite reciever etc. We will be using our Wii in the horizontal position (ie, without the stand) so when we insert game discs, they will be with the printed label facing upwards.

My 7 year old is very responsible and has been using PC's for about 3 years now so she can be trusted. My 4 year old however, *might* make the mistake of putting a disc into the console upside down, with the label facing downwards.

Does anyone know if this is likely to damage the console, or would it just spit the disc back out ?

Anyone tried it ? I was too scared to :)

LOL I put a disc in first the wrong way, yes i don't read manuals or for that matter use common sense

I admit I must be weak then. When I buy hardware I always look through the manual for the major DOs and DON'Ts. I don't want to have spent hundreds of $ and then screw it up on day 1.

Yep, as said, putting in the disc upside down never hurt anyone, I haven't done it yet. I have my wii vertical in the stand.

I put Wii Sports in the wrong way when I got my Wii... pretty much everyone puts the disks in the wrong way at some point >_<

Lol
Noob gamers
Amiga and some others you needed the manual to play some games

It was pretty obvious to me how the discs go in, considering it is obvious which way the wii is suppose to stand horizontally, considering it has little bumps on the left side of the wii for it to rest on.

the Wii is not going to read labels...
you can tell where the good stuff is at, the disk slot is pretty much on the very side

Back