Dissertation Help!

Raz 88

WiiChat Member
Feb 6, 2009
Hi,

Im a student and currently writing my dissertation. It is based on the console industry. It would be really helpful if people could complete this questionnaire. It will probably take less than 10 minutes and isnt hard at all! Really appreciate it to get as many responses as possible!

QUESTIONNAIRE

Cheers! ;)

Hi,

Im a student and currently writing my dissertation. It is based on the console industry. It would be really helpful if people could complete this questionnaire. It will probably take less than 10 minutes and isnt hard at all! Really appreciate it to get as many responses as possible!

QUESTIONNAIRE

Cheers! ;)

Im doubting this is really for a dissertation. As a professor, I can tell you this is very unprofessional and a promoting a survey like this would not be approved by any school in the US....thus it is my conclusion that this is a company trying to gather information about you. No school is mentioned and if you are gathering data you provide your participants with a lot more information and at the very least, a consent form.

busted

it does look like an actual survey site... which would be a bit elaborate for a student just wanting answers...

not really. survey monkey is one of the most common survey sites. lots of schools and companies have accounts so all their employees or students can create surveys on it. The thing that bothers me is no consent form or information...no school would approve such a thing and allow it to be used for a dissertation or any research study

I done it.
I dont see how this is unprofessional for a student.
I did this last year for a dissertation in university.

This is all from the united states, not other countries which may have different rules:

In order to do any research for a university you need to get approval from an Internal Review Board as is Federal Law. The Internal Review Board would never approve a survey being placed on a forum like this, unless an email was sent out by an administrator. Not only that but the admins of this site, plus the owner, would need to be in contact with the school to say they approve.

Then after that took place, when you click the survey link, at a minimum, there would be a page listing the researchers name, their advisor, what school they were from, and a consent form.

There is none of this. This is not approved by any US university and is not ethical research.

There is a process to do any research and this is not it.

Exactly.
He is from the UK.
Different rules, hence a liable source of information.

then do non-nationals count in the survey. at the school i go to research studies like this can only be completed by oeople living within canada at the time the survey is taken.

I was unable to complete the survey. To:

6. Do you use an online gaming service?

I answered no.

7. Based on your preferences, please rank the following online gaming services (Best/Good/Worst)

comes up next and requires an answer to proceed.

So the survey design is flawed.

I did it, I mainly answered honestly...with a few lies here and over there.

Survey is flawed.

Take a gander at question 8, you'll see what I mean.

Back