DIY Wii Sensor Bar

longfellow110

Wii Owner
Nov 21, 2006
South Florida
Wii Online Code
5237-9997-5628-7832
Hey guys, in relation to doctabu: The Homemade Wireless Wii Sensor Bar! I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a little help. A schematic or detail on what parts I need would be awesome if anyone could help. Im new to circuits and whatnot but know how to solder. I just need to know how everything hooks up. Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

Well, im setting up the Wii to take to events that I work. We usually bring xboxes and hook them up to projectors that we have. But were considering using the Wii so we'd need a wireless one and I doubt little kids could handle candles.

i would use leds and a AA battery

you will need a straight peice of wood or something(or a circuit board) and you would need to put the led's on top of that, and attach an AA battery holder to it and viola

what does the sensor bar actually do? no lights turn on so what is it used for? obviously i'm a newbie

A allready figured out how to rig it, I have another thread with a schematic.

And in response to pokey100, the sensor bar is a set of IR LEDs (lights) you just cant see them. Basically, your Wiimote detects the two light sources and positions the cursor to the TV that way.

Heres how the Wii see's the sensor bar:
(IRLEDs) (IRLEDs)
ooo-----------------ooo

Like stated by Samster you could also use two candles because they emit the same frequency of light the Wiimote detects.

(Candle) (Candle)
(i)-------------------(i)

Samster said:
Dude - just use two candles!

I'm serious.:yesnod:
Candles FTW. Seriously, you can't get more ghetto than that.

RDBRaptor said:
Candles FTW. Seriously, you can't get more ghetto than that.

That's not ghetto, that's playeryo. Candles set the mood son.

*turns lights off

*lights candles

"Why don't you come over here and play with my Wii baby?"

DrYou said:
*turns lights off

*lights candles

"Why don't you come over here and play with my Wii baby?"
Isn't that... wiilicious. :D

Back