Sensor Bar Extention

stock

Wii Gladiator
Dec 28, 2006
Toronto, Canada
Wii Online Code
0899-3813-3193-9083
Hi, i was wondering if anyone knew the type of cable the regular sensor Bar uses. i want to chop it up and extend it about 2-4 meters so i can mount it at the bottom of my projector screen. i know i can do it easy, i got the tools, solder gun, shrink wrap, etc. just need to know what type of wire/cable to buy.

if no one knows, its all good. thanks anyways.

I am in the same boat as you. I want to make sure I can extend the cable and then I will pick up a wii.

Well I believe its been reported that all the wire is going to the Wii from the sensor bar provides power...so I'm thinking it's gotta be a cable that just provides power.

Yeah the sensor bar doesn't send any signal to the Wii, it only uses that connection for power. The guys that did that video where they were playing in a movie theater used a battery pack rigged to the sensor bar. If you don't care about extending the wire, just cut it in the middle and take a similar gauge wire and splice in an extension. It only draws a few volts, but I can't recall the exact ammount.

I don't understand why you need more slack? I'm putting the sensor bar on top of a 50inch TV and I have more than enough wire? Personally, I think it's to long! Put it in the floor, put it on top? Wheres the problem? Where are you placing your Wii at for the cable to be so short?

wow, quick answers, yea i can find out what it draws, i got the tools for that, volt meter. then its just a mix n match with the cables from the hardware or electronics store.

thanks again fellas

iplaywii said:
I don't understand why you need more slack? I'm putting the sensor bar on top of a 50inch TV and I have more than enough wire? Personally, I think it's to long! Put it in the floor, put it on top? Wheres the problem? Where are you placing your Wii at for the cable to be so short?

When using a projector it's often on the other side of the room, usually mounted to the ceiling. This gives you 2 options, extend the sensor bar cable, or extend the composite/component cables. The sensor bar cable is the better way to go.

Xanthan said:
When using a projector it's often on the other side of the room, usually mounted to the ceiling. This gives you 2 options, extend the sensor bar cable, or extend the composite/component cables. The sensor bar cable is the better way to go.

so you did it the el quicko way eh ?

i got up in the roof and ran component cables to the projector and down the wall then soldered some plugs attached to a plate

then i attached my amp to the component plate in the wall and then all my devices go into the amp and i control them from there
playstation 2, digital tv, wii, dvd with harddrive and my laptop if desired

as for the wire

just cut it and find out
i think youl find its just a standard 2 wire arrangement
cut some off and go to the shop

piece of cake

Don't over-do it with the cable. Remember, the longer the cable, the more voltage-drop you will get, especially on low-volt DC applications.

Only make it as long as you need, I'm not sure of the voltage/current rating of that Wii supply port.

Back