Do I need Screen protectors on my DS Lite?

JAKE196

Cogito Ergo Sum
Sep 21, 2007
Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
YAY! got a DS Lite now. I got some screen protectors with it but they were so thick the touch screen would not work. . . so I might get some more.

So do I need some for the DS Lite? My DS Phat's screen got really scratched up but the DS Lite screen seems more resilient.

I would highly recommend using screen protectors. My sister and myself both have our own DS lites, but I have screen protectors on mine and she chose not to use them. Now, there is a yellowish-looking layer on her bottom screen, whereas mine remains as clear as ever.
I am not sure if it is a direct result of using the screen protectors, but I would advice people to use them. Happy gaming. :)

Hi!

Yeah I would recommend them. I've had a DS Lite since April and my bottom screen is scratched to bits.

I did get a screen protector a few days ago but I screwed it up when I tried to put it on. Loads of dust and stuff got on the sticky side when I tried to apply it and I couldn't get the bubbles out. I'll have to get a new one...

I got screen protectors when I first got my DS. But the one on the touch screen was very poorly thought out. It worked fine, but if you used the stylus on it it would make a very visible line on the screen protector, and after a few days the display was no longer visible. So I took that one off, and while the screen has scratches all over it, they aren't visible when the backlight is on, so it isn't a big problem. So, if you can find some quality ones then it would probably be a good investment, but if not, then I think you'll be fine too.

i dont sue them and my screens look fine. its clamshell design protects them while your not gaming, thats good eno ugh for me.

use um I do
i just got a ds.
pm me lets play mariokart or metroid

Alright. You need a screen protector for your bottom screen. With that said all screen protector packages come with screen protectors for both top and bottom. If you get a certain kind of screen protectors from your local gamestop you'll barely lose any graphics and they're nice and thin. Some screen protectors make visual quality go down. Item recommended!

Back