Does this sound good?

EK987

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
Chicago
Hey, I have a list of things I want for the Wii, including the Wii. Tell me if everything sounds good or if I can eliminate some of the things. Also tell me what I should add, if anything.

P.S. I have to buy ALL of it with my own money.

Nintendo Wii- $250
512MB SD card- $50
Component cable for Wii- $25
Extra Wiimote- $40
Extra Nunchuk- $20
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam- $50
Total: $435 (probably about $470ish with taxes)

I know that THDJ isn't that great of a game, at least that's what I heard. But, I am a diehard fan of the Tony Hawk games and it's a must have for me, so please don't tell me it's not worth it or anything.

All of that looks good. You know you can buy a 1GB SD memory card for under $30 on eBay, right? You don't have to shell out all of that money for a Nintendo Wii brand SD card.

Well, I know but I just don't feel safe with Ebay sometimes and it would make me feel 10 times better if I got the Nintendo brand SD card at the store. Thanks, though.

jeagle82 said:
All of that looks good. You know you can buy a 1GB SD memory card for under $30 on eBay, right? You don't have to shell out all of that money for a Nintendo Wii brand SD card.

^ Little Reminder (if it's true): You have to get the Wii Update to be able to use any other brand SD card. I'm not 100% if that's true as I don't have a Wifi USB Connector yet but it's what I've been told. If it's wrong, then excuse my ignorance. :cornut:

Huh... never heard that... I have WiFi in my house, so it wouldn't be a problem. If it IS in fact true, does it prompt you to download the upgrade when you put in a non-Nintendo Wii SD Card?

jeagle82 said:
Huh... never heard that... I have WiFi in my house, so it wouldn't be a problem. If it IS in fact true, does it prompt you to download the upgrade when you put in a non-Nintendo Wii SD Card?

Good question lol but unfortunaly, i'm not the one to be able to answer that. I suppose it'll just not read the card. No prompt or anything of that sort.

Yeah a 1gb card would be nice because I heard you can download demos and stuff soon over wifi so it will come in handy, i think TigerDirect.com had them cheap, but eBay will probably save you loads.

I have a Kodak 512meg card in my Wii. Bought it a while ago for my camera for approx. $45. I dont think you need to drop that much money for the card.

EK987 said:
Hey, I have a list of things I want for the Wii, including the Wii. Tell me if everything sounds good or if I can eliminate some of the things. Also tell me what I should add, if anything.

P.S. I have to buy ALL of it with my own money.

Nintendo Wii- $250
512MB SD card- $50:nono:
Component cable for Wii- $25
Extra Wiimote- $40
Extra Nunchuk- $20
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam- $50
Total: $435 (probably about $470ish with taxes)

I know that THDJ isn't that great of a game, at least that's what I heard. But, I am a diehard fan of the Tony Hawk games and it's a must have for me, so please don't tell me it's not worth it or anything.

waste on the SD card, i bought a 1gb SanDisk SD card (SANDISK MAKES THE "NINTENDO" BRAND) for $15 its a waste of money to buy the nintendo one

and if you live in chicago and the tax is 9% it will cost you 475

WiiKyle said:
waste on the SD card, i bought a 1gb SanDisk SD card (SANDISK MAKES THE "NINTENDO" BRAND) for $15 its a waste of money to buy the nintendo one

and if you live in chicago and the tax is 9% it will cost you 475

Oh, so I was pretty close! The taxes is actually 8.75% here in the suburbs of Chicago. I want to buy the SD card at a store, not online. Do you think I can get the Sandisk SD card for $15 in the store? Also, do you need any type of upgrade or anything to use the "non-Nintendo" SD cards?

i wish i bought an SD card on ebay... oh well. yeah man all sounds good. i looked at a trailor for excite truck. looks amazing!

Forget what I said. I tried two different SD cards (from two different cameras) from my sisters and both loaded up perfectly fine and I've never updated or been connected with my Wii yet. One was a SanDisk (as someone said before, the brand that Nintendo uses) and the other one was a Lexar.

Back