Dont Know What To Do

xpirate77

Wiiiiii
Oct 15, 2006
ok, so i already preordered TP for launch day...
but i want to get another game as well. Now as much as i'd like to buy a few more, i'll prolly only be able to afford one more. I was leaning towards something multiplayer. So, i need suggestions here

i was thinking either

need for speed: carbon
tony hawk downhill jam
or maybe possibly, excite truck

lemme know what you think or if you have any other suggestions

yea, thats what i was leaning towards..

i was also thinking possibly red steel, ive been hearing alot of good things about it...

Red Steel definately if you are going for that. That's my choice. TP + Red Steel is an unbeatable first Wii experience IMO. Even though I've never played them. :D

Red Steel...

out of those, well I've been thinking about that too (will pick one of the 3 for one of my later game purchases)

Wiired said:
:lol: hard choice between the 3, but I personally would go with Need for Speed I recon, you can never go wrong with a game of NFS with mates :D

Well I have it on PC and if they have not made improvements then there is no way I'm gonna get it on Wii it was kinda fun at the start but the fact that muscle cars are allmost impossible to drive later game (Like Viper) and drift races have insanely high difficulty compared rest of the game are few things that I think needs to be attented.

Need For Speed hasn't really been good since NFS: Hot Pursuit 2; Undergound was good, but since then Midnight Club is way, WAY, WAY better!

Out of those I would say Red Steel if you're going for a FPS or Excite Truck because it looks fast and fun and it has the custom soundtrack option.

Yeh, I'd go for Excite Truck AND Red Steel. Red Steel first.

Much like Ancestor, I have Carbon, and I really hate it. The later canyon duels are so damn hard because it's impossible to stop, or even slow the other racers. They don't move, and if you handbrake in front of them, they push you out of the way and continue at top speed.

Then you have the problem of the catch up system. The computer is ALWAYS in fast catchup mode. So when you get in front of them, it's REALLY easy for them to catch up and overtake you. But when they have overtaken you, it's near impossible to get back in front of them.

Not to mention that when you're racing with crew members, they will often get in your way, or in the case of blockers, they will fall back to last place and do nothing for the entire race.

The AI needs some serious improvement before this game would actually resemble something that is good. I've raged and rage quit so many times now, it's just not worth it.

The only thing keeping this game interesting for me, is the drifting. Unlike Ancestor, I find the drifting easy to get used to, and easy to win. The problem is there are only a total of about 5 drift races in the career mode, and only 6 in challenge mode. This is a real shame, as I enjoy drifting a lot.

Oh, and yeah, the Muscle cars are impossible to win with, and you should stick with exotic cars for the entire game. It's obvious the game is biased towards them heavily. I got my Viper, thinking it would kick arse, and it does in Speedtrap races, where top speed is upwards of 250 KM/h. But for anything else, you're better off walking.

Slightly off-topic I know, but I'm severely raging at this game right now. I'm ready to uninstall it.

Well I'd save your money up and play Zelda for a while. Cause there is going to be a blast of good games coming out at within a month or two within each other (SSBB, Super Mario Galaxy, BWii). Thats just my opinion anyway.

Back