DS gets another redesign

RadNad said:
RAWR! I wanted to get a new DS since my one is pretty banged up and as soon as I read that article I thought I might get this. But when you posted that, I remembered it said no GBA-Catridge Slot. Now I have to stick with the DS Phat since my SuperCard only fits in the GBA Slot :mad5: :mad2: :cryin: :eek: :prrr: :( :sad: :frown2: :shocked: :wtf: :mad:.

Buy an R4. It goes in the DS slot, is $40 and is actually the best device around for DS. No patching is required for anything and it is compatible with every game and almost every homebrew.

FRuMMaGe said:
Buy an R4. It goes in the DS slot, is $40 and is actually the best device around for DS. No patching is required for anything and it is compatible with every game and almost every homebrew.
I can't get a R4DS since I got the SuperCard as a Summer Special Deal from America and the miniSD from Hong Kong and now I can't return them... meh, I'll stick with my The Day After It Came Out In Europe DS Phat... until a new handheld comes out which uses some disc or catrdige. Then I'll just toss the SuperCard. Also, I just noticed the box which they came in (PRIORITY MAIL is less than a metre away from me. I'm gonna play with the bubble wrap...:lol: .

This looks sucky. I would never afford one anyway. But no GBA games (so much for games using dual slot stuff) or any accessories like rumble packs, so that would possibly be worse for competitive Metroid if players use them.

If it has a stronger processor I may be interested, cause then homebrew stuff might allow music to be played while playing games (on the R4).

massi4h said:
This looks sucky. I would never afford one anyway. But no GBA games (so much for games using dual slot stuff) or any accessories like rumble packs, so that would possibly be worse for competitive Metroid if players use them.

If it has a stronger processor I may be interested, cause then homebrew stuff might allow music to be played while playing games (on the R4).

It would probably have an internal rumble feature.

FRuMMaGe said:
It would probably have an internal rumble feature.

That is unlikey
But a rumble is usless on a hand held like the ds

Darkprinny said:
That is unlikey
But a rumble is usless on a hand held like the ds

Why is it useless? It works well with MPH.

Also, if they did implement an internal one, it would probably have a switch, so it would be optional.

Its ok this shrinking ray will shrink your two index fingers a bit

meh..they just keep milking the cash cow. damn nintendo!

personally, i think they should focus on a new handheld for late next year/early 2009 instead of a re-released DS. two redesigns, is that some kind of record for a handheld/console.

wait, Gameboy Advance, SP, Micro...they almost beat their record lol.

im one of the fools that actually bought a micro.. i wont be one of the fools that buys DS number 3.

EDIT: maybe they will add something useful, unlike the PSP redesign. so its a diff. color/slightly thinner. WOW lol

SensesFail said:
meh..they just keep milking the cash cow. damn nintendo!

personally, i think they should focus on a new handheld for late next year/early 2009 instead of a re-released DS. two redesigns, is that some kind of record for a handheld/console.

wait, Gameboy Advance, SP, Micro...they almost beat their record lol.

im one of the fools that actually bought a micro.. i wont be one of the fools that buys DS number 3.

EDIT: maybe they will add something useful, unlike the PSP redesign. so its a diff. color/slightly thinner. WOW lol

The DS beats the PSP on every level except graphical.

I let my girlfriend play on Phantom Hourglass for an hour and the next day she traded in her PSP and got a DS :smilewinkgrin:

Back