DS Lite-Polar White hinge cracked?!

Sabin

WiiChat Member
Oct 14, 2006
Wisconsin
I own 2 DS lites, polar white color. If you close the cover and look at the left hinge there is a hairline crack on both systems. What the hell? Apparently this is a well known problem w/ the DS Lites. Anyone else having this issue? I didn't believe it myself til I found another forum with people complaining about this.

Yup, this was a huge problem with the DSs. Alot of people's hinges completely broke so you got lucky. I have heard even though it is a manufacturer defect, Nintendo still charges $50 USD. I have a white DS as well and luckily have not had a problem. I baby the damn thing though.

HAH. If Nintendo wants me to continue to own their products, they better well fix it. LOL. I'm getting two Wii's as it is too. We'll see what they say when I call them

yeah i just noticed this the other day, good thing i bought the nintendo DS insurance but i dont think i have the receipt, think they will change it for a black one? or does it have to be the white one? :p

Sam_Harris said:
why would you want to wiis and two ds for your self?

I don't have that for myself. I own two DS's, one for myself, one for my girlfriend. I will be purchasing two Wii's, one for myself, and one as a Christmas gift for my brother.

Sabin said:
I don't have that for myself. I own two DS's, one for myself, one for my girlfriend. I will be purchasing two Wii's, one for myself, and one as a Christmas gift for my brother.

How will you be able to get 2 Wii's if they only allow one per household?

Oh wait, you can just go to a different store. xD

Jenova said:
How will you be able to get 2 Wii's if they only allow one per household?

Oh wait, you can just go to a different store. xD

Well, since I'm 24 years old, I don't live at home. My brother, who is 17, lives with my mother yet. :).

yeah i just returned my DS to the EB games here, (with the receipt) and they took it back and gave me a new one.... if this one happens too, im just gonna go get a black one and hope they dont have the same problem... anyone know if the black ones have the same problem or was it jsut a limited number of the white ones?

Makes me glad I got me an oldschool DS :D

Is there any significant hardware difference between the DS and DS Lite apart from the four different brightness levels and new physical design? By this I mean does it use any different networking protocols, enhanced hardware features (like texture filtering) and the like. I have never had such problems with my DS (hope I didnt just jinx it).

as to the interior of the nintendo ds (almost say wii lol) i dont think that there is much difference, except i heard something that the gba hardware is upgraded from the older DS, but i dont know if that is 100% corect, but yeah if this ds lite has another problem, i dont know what im gonna do :p

I had the same problem with my white lite. It wasn't anything more than a cosmetic problem, but it was there. As for the question of going black, I would recommend it. Even if the blacks have the same problem (which, for me so far so good), the black system makes the screens stand out, where the white had the controls standing out.

Back