SSBB bug

JLU51396

WiiChat Member
Jul 3, 2007
I'm not sure if it's old news, but I'll post it for the people that don't know

Kotaku:

Earlier, we brought news of a minor Super Smash Bros. Brawl bug. The screen goes black and displays an error message that the game cannot be booted. However, the bug doesn't actually effect the game and can be ignored. Another retail-minded site Game no Urabanashi confirms this rumor, point out that the error message occurs when the game is first started up on consoles that haven't been updated since last summer. Game no Urabanashi doesn't see the bug as a huge problem as it can be corrected, but does point out that it could be an issue if not all customers are aware of it. The Nintendo flier that stores will apparently be giving out has popped up online. This looks like pretty good confirmation, but we're still going to call this a rumor until we're able to verify for ourselves when SSBB drops this Thursday in Japan. For a game that's been delayed repeatedly, this seems, well, pretty shitty. If this is true, why is Nintendo, known for its impeccable quality, willing to ship its biggest title with a bug? Then again, Paper Mario had a bug and the DS Lite had hinge cracks, so. One thing you can bet, Nintendo would've never shipped Wii Fit with a bug. No way in hell.
SSBB Bug [Game no Urabanashi Thanks, Muu!]

http://kotaku.com/349900/super-smash-bros-brawl-bug-confirmed

I think it makes sense...makes people update the consoles, which really is necessary for all the wi-fi stuff to take place. Same thing happened with Super Mario Galaxy to me...it forced me to update the console.

@anax its supposed to update the console, previously games couldn't save pictures to the message board, with that update they made it possible to.

And I really don't care, the japanese are lucky they get it so dam early, (compared to us atleast) so if they get bugs its fine by me. As long as they're gone by the time we get it here in the U.S. :D

its true that the forced update is an actual update but it is also a protection system against piracy. many people will try to duplicate this game or put it on the web. if you have noticed the passage that nintendo pts up everytime you are about to update. it says that if you have a modified console the game wont work. thus is why there are these forced updates and protection systems.

Back