Dying wiimote speaker.

phalxor

Current Games : SSBB COD5
Feb 2, 2008
Portland Oregon
Wii Online Code
8498-9952-4976-3756
Ok i use this thing like a newborn baby, after having not touched it for around a week and a half i go to play some wiisports, and the wiimote speaker sounds sort of garbled, and is cutting out.

The batteries are completely full, so i have no idea why it would just be dying on me like this, besides just being a faulty product in of itself.

If it makes any difference i got this Wii remote with my wii last christmas 07, it has the 2nd gen wrist strap deally. (the one that clips not slides)

Please take a listen to the sample i prepared.

Dying wiimote speaker example.

Send it to Nintendo I guess, sounds like the soldering may be loose or the speaker is trash to begin with.

Just as a side comment... saying something like "Okay I use this thing like a newborn baby" does in a sense, really make you sound like a rapist/ pedophile. But what do I know? :lol:

261311 said:
Send it to Nintendo I guess, sounds like the soldering may be loose or the speaker is trash to begin with.

Just as a side comment... saying something like "Okay I use this thing like a newborn baby" does in a sense, really make you sound like a rapist/ pedophile. But what do I know? :lol:
There is no soldering on the speaker.

Read FRuMMaGe's Guide to Wiimote surgery to help you replace the speaker :yesnod:

Hey...I had this problem a while ago....We found out that the microwave was screwing it up somehow...because of what it emits...so, if you have anything like a microwave or something....close by and turned on...I dunno, it might be it but what do I know?....Not much...

Not on the speaker, but holding it, which may of led to get damaged during a swing.

If not, meh and I admit fault.

261311 said:
Not on the speaker, but holding it, which may of led to get damaged during a swing.

If not, meh and I admit fault.
It's not actually connected to the Wiimote at all. Just some contacts that touch the main board.

Look at the pics on my guide :yesnod:

i had the same problem found if i turn the wii off at the mains for a few mins sound came back on the wiimote

thanks for your insight guys, i can only imagine i have a faulty wiimote / speaker. doesnt bother me too much as you can turn off the sounds.

i googled "nintendo wii forums" and this seems to be #1, ill be trollin here for a while, gratsi

p.s. whats nintendo's policy on sending in busted stuff and recieving it back fixed or new

phalxor said:
thanks for your insight guys, i can only imagine i have a faulty wiimote / speaker. doesnt bother me too much as you can turn off the sounds.

i googled "nintendo wii forums" and this seems to be #1, ill be trollin here for a while, gratsi

p.s. whats nintendo's policy on sending in busted stuff and recieving it back fixed or new
you'd be better off just bringing the wiimote back to where you got it from

As for the microwave just an FYI, cordless phones, WiFi, microwaves, and other devices all share the same frequency too. So if one is in a high output state, it will definitely interfere with other devices.

Back