EA Playground revealed

Rob Rymond

WiiChat Member
Jun 17, 2007
Solihull, U.K
[XFLOAT=left]http://www.wiichat.com/robry/EAplayground.jpg[/XFLOAT]We all loved school, right?

Afterall we have many happy memories of playing Pogs in the playground and swapping football stickers whilst trying to get that coverted shiny.

So thanks to EA, we'll be able to re-live some of the fun from our school days with there brand new game called EA Playground.

In what looks to be an interesting and unique title for the Wii, EA Playground will capture the glory days back in the playground with a variety of games that will engage you before you can say the word 'school'!

The game will be released on both the Wii and DS, using both systems unique controls. For example you'll be able to swing the Wii remote to participate in a bit of tetherball. That is just one of the many mini-games announced today.

Although the game is primarily based at a younger market, EA promises to entertain older gamers and make EA Playground an all-around fun game for the family.

You'll be able to enter different locations and unlock new activities along the way. In-keeping with the traditional playground honour, you'll be able to collect stickers and rewards which upgrade your abilities.

We've got two screenshots of the brand new title and with a release of Autumn, it just could well prove to be a big family hit over the dark dank months.

Or it could flop. Either way stick with Wii Chat for more as we receive it.

Attachments

• ea_playground_-_dodgeball.jpg
    ea_playground_-_dodgeball.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 185
  • ea_playground_-_ollie_hit.jpg
    ea_playground_-_ollie_hit.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
i hope it has things like 5 a side footy and stuff like that

Looks like an interesting game to play using the Wii Remotes abilities. EA Playground, kind of a strange name don't you think? Also looks creative.

Seems to me as though this would be a good game to make use of the miis. If they don't exist for games like this then what the hell are they for? Judging by those screenshots it's not going to happen (those little things look hideous) but... I wish we could use the miis for gametitles that don't always start with "Wii".

Yeah, why don't they use Mii's.
Big Brain Academy used the Mii's but altered them to fit into the game.

Dodge Ball on-line would be awesome!!

o_O dodgeball online would be awesome, and lol at the idea of us having to collect stickers again to upgrade abilities.

LoganSix said:

QUOTE]

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves let's your Miis be your characters for the game!

LoganSix said:

Dodge Ball on-line would be awesome!!

Wario Ware for the Wii uses your Miis be the characters you play as.

As long as the game is playable online. Other wise, might be fun for the first 5 minutes and then....:sleep: :sleep:

messaging

patrick3675 said:
Seems to me as though this would be a good game to make use of the miis. If they don't exist for games like this then what the hell are they for? Judging by those screenshots it's not going to happen (those little things look hideous) but... I wish we could use the miis for gametitles that don't always start with "Wii".
im gonna add u on my wii message board if u care:cool:

patrick3675 said:

They are Mii's kinda
Remember Miyamoto said that they are improving the Mii system, That could be some of the new stuff we can give Mii's

Back