email "Sender Verify" problem with wiichat.com emails

Robmonster

WiiChat Member
May 19, 2007
Wii Online Code
0920-9738-7735-9861
My mail provider have been looking into why messages form wiichat.com are not being delivered. Here is what they say:-

Looking through the mail logs, it appears that these e-mails are being rejected by our mail server. The mail server uses a spam protection called Sender Verify, which attempts to verify that the sender of the message exists before the message is delivered. Unfortunately it appears that the remote host (wiihost.com) sends it's forum updates through an e-mail address [email protected]. The problem with this is that cpanel.ev1servers.net is not an actual hostname and therefor the sender of the message cannot be verified.

In order for this to be resolved, wiihost.com would need to contact their hosting company about adding an A record for cpanel.ev1servers.net or change the sending host from the mail server.

well that explaines why i had to get a 2nd email address so i could recieve reported posts because my main email address blocks wiichat emails and i guess this is why

i had to turn OFF my spam blocker to get messages. its retarded :(

i gotta get a new email server too. i use yahoo. i might start using my AIM name or something

Is there any chance of the site admin seeing this thread and commenting? This is probably impact mail delivery to a lot of users, and as more and more mail providers start implementing stricter filtering this can only get worse.

Thanks,

Rob

who i0n?

hell only say what mitch and i have just said......only think you can do is turn off your spam folder/bulk mail or get another mail server strictly for wiichat messages.

thats the only thing that we can recommend doing.

Anything wiichat related comes through fine on MSN so Yeah Jill, if you need to receive messages from wiichat get them sent to your hotmail. And use it more!!!.

I havn't my google or yahoo e mails yet.

i have gmail but i dont use it and i have hotmail and i still dont use that....i also have AIM but i think im going to start forwarding emails to that and use that strictly for wiichat....im never on yahoo and when i am its only to talk to a friend of mine in TN

The_Loose_Cannon said:
i have gmail but i dont use it and i have hotmail and i still dont use that....i also have AIM but i think im going to start forwarding emails to that and use that strictly for wiichat....im never on yahoo and when i am its only to talk to a friend of mine in TN

Well, i cba getting aim so your gonna have to start using msn to talk me, at least you get to talk to your beloved adam on aim ;)

Oh and to erm receive messages normally from wiichat:scared:

lol adam....pshhhh talk about OBSESSED WITH ME!!!!! aww hes a cute kid

The_Loose_Cannon said:
lol adam....pshhhh talk about OBSESSED WITH ME!!!!! aww hes a cute kid

I never really used to talk with him.

Well i just got into talking to brawny through tyler and now i just talk to brawny a bit.

Yes he is obsessed with you:lol:

Jill, your rep power scares me. 7 whole points >.<. Be afraid, super jill is about.:lol:

Cpt.McCloud said:
I never really used to talk with him.

Well i just got into talking to brawny through tyler and now i just talk to brawny a bit.

Yes he is obsessed with you:lol:

Jill, your rep power scares me. 7 whole points >.<. Be afraid, super jill is about.:lol:

thats like how i started talking to you. brawny and tyler just started talking to me out of nowhere and then you started to PM me as well....hmmm interesting lol

and yes, im at 5 blocks with 102 points. i have like 5 more reps but they are all grey. i can deff jump the reps up....i can also neg rep and knock them WAYYY down!

The_Loose_Cannon said:
thats like how i started talking to you. brawny and tyler just started talking to me out of nowhere and then you started to PM me as well....hmmm interesting lol

and yes, im at 5 blocks with 102 points. i have like 5 more reps but they are all grey. i can deff jump the reps up....i can also neg rep and knock them WAYYY down!

You dont want to do that to old McCloud do you know jill:lol:

I'm 5 rep points away from the great jill:yikes:

I need to buy a suit to look worthy of place:)

My first target to catch up to was to be able to rep then to catch up to rach then i think it was smurf then it was you to get to 4 and now my target is to catch up to brawny eventualy:lol:

No disrespect intended, but I'm sure the site owner would be interested in mails form this site becoming more and more undeliverable as more ISP's enable Sender Verification. This is something run on the ISP / mailserver side, so telling end users to disable spam filtering isn't really appropriate in this case, although it can be good advice for other issues.

While other email providers may not have enabled this just yet the long term solution is to add the dns record as described in my initial post. It's quite simple to do for the owner of the domain.

"Use another email address" is hardly a long term solution. I don't intend on using a specific email address that needs manual checking to get mails form a single website.

RM

Back