Finding "Interactive" Games for My Wii

Wee Wii

WiiChat Member
Dec 23, 2007
We have pre-paid for a Wii Console... It will arrive sometime in January. I have been out today looking for accessories. I now have the Nerf Sports Pack (Golf Club, Tennis Racquet & Baseball Bat), The Composite Video Cable and a Charging Base & Batteries.

I figured I search the net for games but when I search for "Wii Games +Golf +Tennis +Baseball" I am pulling up listing for the Wii Console and NOT the games.

How do you find the games for this system? Our children are 7 and under so age appropriate games are best however, I am specifically looking for Golf, Tennis, Baseball, Bowling rather than shoot'em up games.

Any assistance you can offer would be GREATLY appreciate!!!

Wee Wii said:
We have pre-paid for a Wii Console... It will arrive sometime in January. I have been out today looking for accessories. I now have the Nerf Sports Pack (Golf Club, Tennis Racquet & Baseball Bat), The Composite Video Cable and a Charging Base & Batteries.

I figured I search the net for games but when I search for "Wii Games +Golf +Tennis +Baseball" I am pulling up listing for the Wii Console and NOT the games.

How do you find the games for this system? Our children are 7 and under so age appropriate games are best however, I am specifically looking for Golf, Tennis, Baseball, Bowling rather than shoot'em up games.

Any assistance you can offer would be GREATLY appreciate!!!

you get a sports game with the wii, it has bowling,tennis,golf,baseball and boxing.

you dont have to buy anything else.

Wee Wii said:

Any assistance you can offer would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Seeing as Nintendo has strayed far from its fanbase to cater to the non-gamers,there will be an abundance of games for you and your kids. If you search for "Wii Games + Golf + Tennis + Baseball", then I think its safe to assume you didn't know that the Wiis are sold with Wii Sports, which includes Tennis, Baseball, Golf, Bowling and Boxing.

I'm not sure if my wife bought the "Sports" version. I do know she paid $249.99 and is on a waiting list with Game Stop. They will contact us when the unit arrives.

and it's safe to say, "I don't know jack about the Wii". We have a PS2 now connected to a 56 inch Toshiba HDTV. We do a lot of NASCAR racing now (my son is 7 and found NASCAR this year).

He also plays the Wii at a kids night out thing he goes to every month... He really enjoys playing it there - hense the purchase this weekend. Nooooo, the boys not spoiled rotten (okay, yes he is).

I am a computer Guru so my concerns are things like, how can I hook it to the internet (must I use the Wii NIC or can I use my own like Lynksys or Netgear, etc), what's the best resolution I can have (Like Component or HDMI), do they sell better controllers than the basic one (are they Wired or Wireless), etc.

And what is this points thing all about? I was in CC today and the have a card (like a credit / gift card) that has 2000 of something (credits maybe?). what's that all about?

Please school me fella's... I'd certainly appreciate your expertise!!!

All new Wii consoles come with a game called "Wii Sports". No special package or anything.

Wii Sports has Baseball, Tennis, Golf, Bowling, and Boxing. You don't need the nerf things. They're kind of annoying.

The Wii can connect to a wireless router.

Wii Points, the gift card things, are to buy Virtual Console games from the Wii Shop Channel.
You can buy Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Turbo-Grafx, Neo Geo, and N64 games and download them to your Wii.

Hope I was help!

Back