for those who lift weights and exercise

Definately bro. Running the lines suuuuuuuuck. Especially where I live in Florida bro, ugh..... That **** is ridiculous....

We had this thing called Gauntlets where we ran up and down all the rows of one of the bleachers, sprinted to the other bleachers, ran up and down all its rows, sprinted back and repeated. I HATED it.

We had something like that. The worst thing I think we had was running lines. What we did was everyone started at a goal post, sprinted to the 10 yard line and ran back to the 0, sprinted to the 20 yard line and back to zero, over and over until we got to the other goal. That **** was terrifying. Non-stop, and if you took a break, it was 5 laps around the field AFTER practice. My coach was an asshole.

We had something like that. The worst thing I think we had was running lines. What we did was everyone started at a goal post, sprinted to the 10 yard line and ran back to the 0, sprinted to the 20 yard line and back to zero, over and over until we got to the other goal. That **** was terrifying. Non-stop, and if you took a break, it was 5 laps around the field AFTER practice. My coach was an asshole.

Ah, we had that. We called it Gassers. Why, I don't know but that's what it was called.

There was a kid at my school that died two years ago from doing that ****. No joke. The coach didn't really push him that hard either, it was just too hot.

Come to think of it, the death toll for my four years in high school is pretty damn high. Off the top of my head, I can think of five, and I know there's more than that. :/

Its ridiculous. I dont doubt that a kid died, im sure many have died. Coaches are retarded, and so are people. I push myself to the limits, but not at the expense of my health.

We had someone come close. He went into a short coma(sp?).

I'm 95% positive that this thread was created due to me :p.

Let's see... I'm at school, so I can't really go into detail.

Monday:
Benching / Arms
Tuesday:
Intense Fat Burning (can't think of the right word(s))
Wednesday:
Squatting / Arms / Legs
Thursday:
Squatting / Benching / Legs
Friday:
Off-day
Saturday:
Intense Fat Burning
Sunday:
Benching / Arms / Legs / Abs / etc.

I jog 3 miles a day also (uphill... very uphill :p). I play basketball frequently and I'm trying to find some friends who play baseball (it's a fun sport... if you don't wear the tight pants). I do a lot of cardio and I do WiiFit / My Fitness Trainer (or whatever it is) everyday. On Fridays, I still work out but it's a lot less (yoga, pilates, curls, etc.). I do a lot of stretching exercises to keep my body lean, but muscular; that's also the reason I do pilates / yoga.

Fitness to me is about 3 things:
1) To stay healthy
2) Girls
3) GIRLS

Well all this talk has made me want to go look into a mirror (reference to the discussion in the 1v1 league thread).

I might edit this later, but I doubt it. I'll probably just post again sometime.

Lolz.

How much you way King? Whats your max bench?

Btw, its not good o do so much squatting... screws up your knees and back and can also curve your spine. Thats why I do squats only every two weeks.

I weigh 180 - 190... or something like that (last time I accurately weighed myself was in 2008). I'm currently benching 220. That's the max amount of weights I have at my house... and I don't want to get too big. I might let myself get to 230, but after that I'm done.

I only used the terms in a very general way... didn't feel like naming each weird exercise.
Examples:
Swiss-Ball Mountain Climber, Front-Loaded Bulgarian Split Squat, Decline Spider-Man Push-up, etc.

With squatting... it's not like I'm doing front squats only. Olympic Press (Jerk Press), and stuff, don't really affect your knees as much.

I'll give you an example of what I did today.

5:30 AM : Ran 2 miles uphill then back down 2 miles.
2:00 - 3:00 PM (or something like that... my last class) : Ran 3 miles, did 4 sets of stadiums (1 set = 1 running up, 1 hopping every step, 1 hopping every other), did an ab circuit, did football field lunging (the whole field... to and back), one-arm standing push-ups, jogged a mile, did one more stadium, pull-ups, and then stretched out.
3:00 - 3:25 PM : Played tennis with a friend (he's competitive so it wasn't light).

Later today: I'm going to jog uphill 1 mile, camp out and listen to the creek for a while... then do sit-ups / push-ups. I'll walk back down (enjoying nature a bit) and then grab my dumb-bells and do lunges up this huge slanted hill that's by my house.

Good for you. But yea, I was only talking front squats and back squats.
Thats good for your weight bro.

Dont take any steroids man, get your workout the old fashioned way, just like your doin. that way you can walk around the gym with your head held high and your cajones down low, cuz you know that stuff makes em shrink up. :lol:

Why are you mentioning steroids o_O? I already said that I don't want to be bulky. Steroids would kind of defeat the purpose... don't you think? I only do front squats once a month... because I hate them :p. I have great form and I get complimented for it, but they just blow. I NEVER do back squats.

Anyway, it's time for me to eat... so I gotta go.

Good, cuz those squats suck. Im jkust mentioning steroids for everyones benefit, thats where the discussion will eventually go anyway.

yeah everyday i am doing 6 sets and 15 reps of pushups and situps each at my house

^Same, right now I'm just doing some push ups and crunches at home.

I usually do a few sets of 30 and then for crunches, I just do them until I start to feel pain and then I'll do like 20 more after that. It's usually around 70 though.

I'm taking some time off running right now, track just ended, but once summer hits I plan on a going to the weight room three times a week and lifting.

Back