Free Internet?

BtnJoe

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2007
England
Wii Online Code
0268-1297-5512-7485
I'm kinda borrowing my neighbours wireless internet for my Wii. Is that O.K?

It wouldn't be that hard to catch you doing it if he knows a little about computers. Although if he knew a little about computers he probably would have it encrypted so that you couldn't do this. So the only question is what will he do if he catches you, will he call the police and tell them that you are stealing his bandwidth or will he ask you how he can connect his wii to the internet?

It is stealing so no, it's not ok to "borrow" youe neighbors wi-fi for your wii or in any other way. You don't need to say "Well, the guy knows nothing about computers so I can do it as much as I want to". What if say you would drive your broken car to the mechanic (and you know nothing about the cars) and then he tells you that you need to pay say $4.000 for repair and the actual cost is only about $300. You would pay it as you know nothing about car parts and stuff. That is stealing the same as it would be if you were using somebody else's wi-fi to get online just because it's being unprotected and the one who uses it knows nothing about how to secure wi-fi connection (WPA,WEP etc...). You should warn your neighbor that she or he uses the unprotected wireless network. That would be only fair to do imho.

Taking someones bandwidth without permission is a form of theft and is punishable by law.

'Tis stealing my young boy. That's why mine is Security-Enabled and my sister's laptop can pick up 4 other Wireless Routers around us and only one of them wasn't secured, so she used that until we got ourselves a router. It was some BT Home-Hub guy.

Do it. It's the only way you can get online. If he comes to investigate just delete the connection.
I did it for AGES. Everyone does it. Dumbass dude not to password it

Back