Game that best utilize the touch screen?

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Well, I plan on getting a DS Lite (get ready to kick my buttocks in gooey online play!) because... Well.. I've always had fun with handheld Nintendo products. And the DS looks like a load of fun.

But if I wanted regular games, I'd just get a psp!

Now, this DS, or... Dual-screen, has touch screen, so I want to get some games that utilize it! And well!

One game I know I'm interested in for the immersion of the touch screen is Kirby: Canvas Course..

Don't worry though, I'm getting other good games.
And I'll ask around for friend codes post-haste.

Elite Beat Agents make great use out of the touch screen, but it isn't a very long game.. I got to the last level in like 2 hours :/

I only have two DS games. Rayman DS is a brilliant and long game but its touch screen usage is awful, they tried to replicate an analogue stick for use with your thumb on the screen but frankly it is not good. It is much easier to use the directional buttons. ANYWAY yeah, Rayman DS, great game, poorly utilzes the touch screen. Star Wars: Lethal Alliance DS is a very short but fun game, uses the touch screen in a number of different puzzles and whilst controlling your droid (Zeeo) you use the stilus to move your viewing direction as it goes into first person as Zeeo. Same goes for when you control cannon turrets.

Yoshi - touch & go, this is only touchscreen - similar but better than Kirby
Mario64DS
Kirby Canvas.. is ok for a while as is Puzzle League as well
Hotel Dusk has a lot
Warioware - very short but not too bad

There are quite a few out there...EBA is good but as Rach said - short lived.

If I was going to recommend purely on touchscreen I would actually say Mario vs Donkey Kong II (Minis) but again it's short lived, but overall it's got to be Animal Crossing because the game is vv.good but you can use d-pad and tscreen as well.

ThePrinceOfSoul said:
EBA like the guy above me said is great.

I'm not sure if that was meant as compliment or not to surfinrach90 :lol:

Last edited:
Lost Magic uses the touch screen alot and is pretty good, if very hard. You can capture monsters to help you in it which is really cool. You controll yourself and your monsters by tapping them and then where to go...you can also drag and make a box to control more than one at a time.

That is only a small part of the game however. Your character is a young mage and as such you are equiped with many spells. T do a spell you hold L and draw a rune on the touch screen, then tap where it should hit. The collest part is later in the game you can actually draw two runes ontop of eachother in order to maximise he amount of spells you can use...there are 18 different runes, although you only start with 6 I think.

Theres also WiFi battles to be had. Like I said the game is REALLY hard, so be warned. Also it shouldnt be too expensive as its been out quite a while.

Thanks guys. All these choices!
... And all that money :sick:

I hope the wii turns out as good as the DS. Multitudes of good games!

Looks like I'm shopping at eBay, where things are cheaper :lol:

the best game ive found for ds that really uses the ds features is zelda phantom hourglass its a great game and has great ways of using the ds functions

Back