Gamecube Component Cables

Inspire

'';aM;'' Inspire
Oct 31, 2006
Louisiana
Wii Online Code
7368-8559-7526-8152
Hey guys. I have a friend who has opted to get a Surround Sound System for his Xbox 360 over getting a Wii. So, after watching me play Zelda on the Wii, he decides to buy it for the GC.

Now he's foaming at the mouth, asking me to find him some Component Cables for the GC. Problem is - I didn't even know the GC had Component Cables until a couple weeks ago and they're discontinued. I see some on E-Bay, but they confuse the hell out of me - where are the audio connectors???

All I see is red, blue, and green video connectors - no red and white for audio. What gives?

On the 360 there is red blue green yellow and white cables. it should be similar

Actually, I just figured out that the GC Component cables require you to use the old compositecables for audio. Strange.

You have to have both jacks on the rear of the Gamecube to use them, too!

Newer Gamecubes had these removed, because Nintendo in their infinite "noone has nice TVs wisdom" said there wasn't a demand for them -- then suddenly, THERE WAS A DEMAND!!!

If the other output is on the rear of the Gamecube, you're set.

Hold on, are the Wii component cables and GC component cables the same shape, or are they different in terms of the plug.

Back