Geometry Wars: Galaxies help!

hencam[uk]

www.hencam.co.uk
Nov 21, 2007
West Yorkshire, UK
I just picked this up and had a quick blast on it - it looks fun and is really addictive (and has a good co-op mode too), but I have a question:

How do you 'clear' planets in single player mode (and is it the same in co-op)? Do you have to get a certain score or is there a point where you've killed all the baddies and then that planet is done?

I couldn't find anything about it in the manual and I haven't 'cleared' a planet yet so thought I'd ask :)

Good game though!

Cheers

Neil

Last edited:
At the planet selection screen, there are various scores listed for Bronze, Silver, and Gold. You get the score and you achieve that medal. To unlock new planets and galaxies, you gotta collect the geoms that come out of enemies (the little yellow things), these are the currency you use to buy new levels. You don't really need to clear anything, you just need to have enough geoms to unlock the next place.

Ahhh...

That makes sense now, thanks :)

The instructions weren't that clear, but I admit I was probably in a rush to play the game too! I'll have another go tonight with it.

Cheers

Neil

Yea, you just keep playing the game and after killing enemies fly over the Geoms. These help you 2 ways.

1. Level up your drone (each drone fighting-style can be leveled up like in an RPG)
2. Gives you enough currency to unlock drone fighting-styles and new galaxies/planets

I've also noticed the Geometry Wars 2 on 360 borrows some of the elements from this version of the game. They now have multiplayer like the Wii game and they also had Geoms. (done a year before on Galaxies for Wii)

I like all the Geometry Wars games. The original is included on the Wii game with a leaderboard but I actually prefer the Wii game because of the Galaxy mode. 60 levels instead of 1 like the other games along with the RPG elements of the drone make it fun in a different sort of way. I hope they make a Wii sequel that includes Geometry Wars 2 and a whole new Galaxy mode.

You dug up an old thread from over a year ago! :D

I love GWG. It's tragic it didn't sell better. I will cherish my copy forever.

You dug up an old thread from over a year ago! :D

I love GWG. It's tragic it didn't sell better. I will cherish my copy forever.

Yea, I busted it out after a long time the other day. The game is awesome and I have been playing it non-stop again. I'm trying to level all the drone attack-types now!

:D

I've not played this for a while and now, thanks to this thread, I'm going to have to blow the dust off the case and fire up the Wii after work.

Excellent!!!!

Did any of you ever master the nunchuck-analog stick controls for this? I hated them at first but if you adjust the targeting reticule etc. they can be really fun. I can see how they would be really accurate...but they are much tougher to master if you started on 360.

With that said, prefer Classic-Controller for this game though.

Did any of you ever master the nunchuck-analog stick controls for this? I hated them at first but if you adjust the targeting reticule etc. they can be really fun. I can see how they would be really accurate...but they are much tougher to master if you started on 360.

With that said, prefer Classic-Controller for this game though.

I've only ever used the 'mote / 'chuk control combination .. .. .. .. the only real downside is if you point wildly away from the screen. I prefer (after much deliberation) the freedom of hand positioning over the fixed distance of the classic.

Back