good books thread

skidmarx

semi-pro thumb jockey
May 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Wii Online Code
5556-6677-7123-4567
haven't read much lately aside from rpg game text and thought it would be good to read a couple novels over the winter. any suggestions? i reccomend:

the gargoyle by andrew davidson
-a rather adult read that is only for the patient reader but an amazing read for a first novel by that author.

slash
-the former gnr guitarist does an biography so full of drugs that it's more fun than doing drugs!

ender's game by orson scott card
if you like sci-fi fantasy this is as good as it gets

slaughterhouse five by kurt vonnegut
- weird wild war related stuff

might add more to the list if i get my memory back. i was an english major in school and could read a novel in a weekend but so much has been lost to brain neglect...

-correction: enders game is by orson scott card. i forget which iain m banks book i was thinking of...

Last edited:
you could read the books form the computer, but that only to know a little part of the book though...

I loved "IM WESTEN NICHT NEUES" by Erich Maria Remarque, well i readed in spanish as "Sin novedad en el frente", it can be traslated as "Without novelty in the front", i think, maybe a little too old, but a great, heart touching war book.

Foley Is Good - Is a good book if you are into wrestling.

Not forgetting the Hitch hikers guide to the Galaxy.
Best series of books ever

does this books can be readed on ebook readers,i prefer read books on that since it could be more convenient.

i like to read fiction books, i really like the author Ted Dekker, because he has some great christian fiction books, like these ones.

Red: its good because it talks about good and evil and God and Satan.

Black: the same as Red.

White: the same as Red and Black.

The showdown: About the crucifiction of jesus.

Saint: Its the sequel to The Showdown, and its about an assassin.

all the books i listed are written by Ted Dekker i highly recomend his books if your into christian/fiction.

christian fiction? as opposed to their normal type of fiction? actually I thought reading the bible was fun, skipped past most of the rules for priests and "who gave birth to who" suchforth but other than that, cover to cover.

the Bible isnt fiction, if thats what your trying to say...
if you think its fiction then your belief is way off...

i'm sorry an old salt like me couldn't help but find "christian fiction" humorous nomenclature. let's keep the discussion about good books please......

The bible- doesnt really (get better than that). and the "SPUD" books by Jon Van deRuit. Those books are funny as crap.

Back