Gta

I cannot see GTA4 coming onto the Wii.

It is built especially for the next gen consoles (in terms of performance) so dumbing it down for Wii would miss the whole point.

Having the last GTA stories game would be ace. If the PSP can handle it with fairly impressive graphics, then the Wii could.

Look at the way EA are releasing MOA heroes 2 on PSP and Wii. This was clearly just a PSP title, before the recent success of the Wii. all they need to work on is the motion controls.

Hopefully Rockstar can do the same for san antreas stories

GTA has never been a great graphics game. It is however the only game that makes me want an xbox360 next year.

I think that developers are not worried about Wii graphics as much as they are worried about Wii's processing power in terms of so-called "artificial intelligence" and physics calculations.

It's time for everyone to stop fixating on graphics. The real issues are interface, which Wii is winning, and physics/AI which the others are winning.

you can't say "wii can't stand gta iv", it's a bit pointless, since it has ps2 graphics+

it may may happen thow in the future....

just because nintendo should be very stupid to ingore Gta iv, Resident Evil 5 and Soul Calibur 4... just like that

although the wii exclusives (Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and SoulCalibur Legends ) seem to be as good.....

but.....at least wii need a gta exclusive as well......gta not on wii would have been very stupid from nintendo...... :(

its not up 2 nintendo whether they come to wii or not, they get to say if it doesnt but they dont get to say if it does

too bad.......but why??? i don't understand it...since wii has the same power as ps2 and more, why can't they make a gta for wii, also rockstar has brought Ping Pong and Manhunt2.......so it's not that Rockstar won't make games for wii or about the content (manhunt)......lol.....:(

Last edited:
Theres a possibility but i doubt it. If the wii keeps gaining popularity and nintendo allows it then i'm guessing it will but who knows.

austinAlan said:
GTA has never been a great graphics game. It is however the only game that makes me want an xbox360 next year.

I think that developers are not worried about Wii graphics as much as they are worried about Wii's processing power in terms of so-called "artificial intelligence" and physics calculations.

It's time for everyone to stop fixating on graphics. The real issues are interface, which Wii is winning, and physics/AI which the others are winning.
Yes, Nintendo has the more popular interface, however physics controls how 3D objects respond while the AI generally controls how NPC's react. These things generally don't effect system performance until they are used in massive amounts. What the other 7th-gen systems have is raw horsepower, the ability to produce amazing graphic and light rendering capabilities at high definition resolutions. Something GTA 4 is clearly not taking full advantage of, yet.

While GTA 4 does seem to be vastly improved, however I don't believe it is beyond what the Wii can handle. Judging from the demo videos of course, the only aspect I believe the Wii may have trouble with might just be the lighting and the rendering distance, likewise the texturing and particle effects should not be too overwhelming.

Without exact details of the Wii's hardware it's hard to put a finger on anything. I think can safely say is about twice the GameCube and even has 1up on the original Xbox, which was boasted that previous GTA's looked better upon than the PS2 and second only to the PC. (Again proves another point, Rockstar is willing to release a difference in graphics on the same game.) We also never seen a GTA hit the GameCube, so it's really hard to have anything solid to compare it to.

daviduk200 said:
its not up 2 nintendo whether they come to wii or not, they get to say if it doesnt but they dont get to say if it does
You are right, but Nintendo can influence that say. :)

FWELR said:
not sure why so many people want an official GTA Wii game when Godfather and Scarface are already so awesome and fit the same category. honestly, GTA started the genre, but there's better stuff now.

Yeah, if anything, give me a Saints Row

Who really cares if the graphics are no better than san andreas? I just wanna get out there and KILL! And, of course, get away from the cops after...
With pointer controls, and maybe some motion controls, it would rock!

A reason Godfather is no good, is simply, because there are no motorbikes! My favourite vehicle in GTA, as you have way more control than with a car, and you can do amazing stunts!

Manhunt 2's release on the Wii showed that Nintendo will work with Rockstar on the edgiest games. I wonder now though if the whole Manhunt 2 rating controversy is making Nintendo upset with Rockstar. So far Manhunt's problems haven't seemed to hurt Nintendo's image at all.

Back