GTPro Series NOT DISSAPPOINTED!

knoxbox

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
Strawberry Plains, TN
Wii Online Code
2067-6457-2250-9081
I recieved GTPro Series for my birthday last night... At first opening I was utterly dissappointed, considering your reviews, and those on ign.com were not pushing me towards this game. What can you do when your parents buy you a game knowning you have just about all the rest. So needless to say I was hesitant at opening it up... I could return it for sonic or some other title... But upon further inspection and rememberance of the ign.com review I decided to open it up and give it a whirl. Popped the free steering wheel together placed the remoted inside and powered up the wii. the menu navigation was that of the old school ridge racer platforms and I started to think maybe this wont be so bad... jumped right into a quick race selected the toyota supra and the count down began. After the first lap I started grasping the concept of the wheel, at first i kept accidently hitting the d-pad trying to turn. Once I got the concept of turning the wheel like and actual car, I turned pro quickly. Yes graphically the game isn't a hit, but its easy on the eyes and has a old school nintendo rad racer / ridge racer feel. The game play and controls are flawless, and rather fun... Three hours later I looked up noticed the time change and the clock reading 4:00am and I had to put it down, just to pick it right back up when I woke up the next morning. For any hardcore game racer this is definatelly a must have...

the only upside to buying wiiplay is for the remote, for 50 bucks gtproseries is definatelly a better buy. IMO.

Know your roots... Old Skool. Traditional Gameplay with a twist.

Thats good to see man, thats the spirit. Once I get my Wii ill give this game a rent.

rent it and i can almost garentee u'll end up purchasing... assuming ur into the old skool racers... definatelly a great game.

is it arcade style or sim style. i can't stand games like gran turismo ,and project gotham only has a slight appeal to me. I'm not a gearhead so its hard for me to get into ,or understand the sim games.

Maximo said:
is it arcade style or sim style. i can't stand games like gran turismo ,and project gotham only has a slight appeal to me. I'm not a gearhead so its hard for me to get into ,or understand the sim games.

I love Gran Turismo, it's bar none the best racing sim out there. At first glance, GT Pro Series appears to rip off GT1.

Back