Guitar Hero 5 - NTSC & PAL

Aldairor

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2010
Hey there,

this post has probably been posted before, but I couldn't find it with the search function, so apologies for double-posting!

My brother and me both got a Wii for christmas, one running in America and one in Germany. We want to play Guitar Hero 5 online so we registered each others Wiis using the address book and find each other in game at the Wii Friend Roster. However, we only see our names and can watch our rock records, but are not indicated as being online and cannot be invited. The roster simply says "Friends online: 0" although we were both online and could play with others but not directly invite each other. So, can anybody help?!? Is this related to the fact that he is using NTSC and I am PAL?

thanks a lot,
aldairor

So, can anybody help?!? Is this related to the fact that he is using NTSC and I am PAL?
That shouldn't be the issue, according to the FAQ (round here somewhere), you should be able to play with anyone around the world.

Have exchanged friend codes within the game or only the Wii codes?

hey,

Fc is for friend code? We have only exchanged Wii codes in the wii menu address book. How do you exchange in-game and do you have to do it?

thanks,
aldairor

Yes, in other games you have to add each other per ingame friend codes.

Yet, ...:

Joystiq said:
"For GH5, we've implemented support for your global Wii Friend Codes," Bala told IGN. "If you've got friends in your Wii address book, they'll automatically be added to your friends list in game, so you can easily connect up with them in online multiplayer games."

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/03/wii-guitar-hero-5-doesnt-use-in-game-friend-codes/

So your problem is another one. You've added each other and you can't play online, you say?

So your problem is another one. You've added each other and you can't play online, you say?

Indeed! I can see my brother in-game at the friend roster, however he is not indicated as being online. If he plays a song I can see his rock records changing but I still can't invite him. We both can play with other random people, thus we are connected to game server. The only problem is that we cannot play together...

any help appreciated,
aldairor

Back