Guitar Hero Guitar

SlashWii

WiiChat Member
Oct 28, 2007
What is the purpose of the phone jack looking thing on the bottom of the guitar? I don't have my user guide for what the name of it is but it doesn't say what it's used for.

im not sure, maybe to make it wired...? instead of wireless
but then again that doesn't make sense

no look on the side of the guitar, there is a little flap that opens up to a phone jack type thing

I don't want to HiJack a thread with this ???? but does anyone know if the wireless guitars for say a PS2 will work with GH3 on a wii???? or will i be getting new guitars??? Bought the wii for the family for x-mas and the oldest girl already has GH2 for her PS2. Found GH3 for the wii for $35.00 but no guitars since the pack seems like it is running almost $120.00 was hoping for a bit of luck.

sucram1161 said:
I don't want to HiJack a thread with this ???? but does anyone know if the wireless guitars for say a PS2 will work with GH3 on a wii???? or will i be getting new guitars??? Bought the wii for the family for x-mas and the oldest girl already has GH2 for her PS2. Found GH3 for the wii for $35.00 but no guitars since the pack seems like it is running almost $120.00 was hoping for a bit of luck.

nope sorry the wii guitar has a slot in the guitar to plug the remote in, no other version of guitar for GH is like that

yea in the instruction manual it says that it is an "Expansion Port (feature currently unavailable)" so some extra is coming.....and it definitely isn't a headset jack because the xbox 360 guitar has the same exact port and it already has one for a headset. on some other forums people were talking about that they might have effects pedals or something.

Last edited:
krisv2010 said:
yea in the instruction manual it says that it is an "Expansion Port (feature currently unavailable)" so some extra is coming.....and it definitely isn't a headset jack because the xbox 360 guitar has the same exact port and it already has one for a headset. on some other forums people were talking about that they might have effects pedals or something.

bummer no headset

but the pedals would be so frickin awesome

i didn't even notice that. maybe it so you can play guitar over the phone. lol... i wonder if that would work...

Back