Guitar Hero -vs- Rock Band

JohnnyRed

WiiChat Member
Mar 8, 2007
Long Island, NY
Why does Rock Band look like a total blatent rip off of Guitar Hero?

If if is why were they allowed to get away with it?

I have GH for ps2 and it rocks and from what I hear its great for Wii so ill prolly buy it but what the hell is Rock Band?

well rockband is like guitar hero, except a band, with drums, bass(?) and vocals.....

i wouldn't get this if i were you, to enjoy it to it's full extent you need three dedicated friends, and there is a chance that one of you is going to slow the whole band down with lack of skill

and the price is over double i think

tis my opinion,

yea i think it's a ripoff too, isn't it like almost 200 dollars if you want the bass, lead guitar, drums and mic?

Yea it won't sell...and for the people that get it they will realize they just wasted their money

They are made by the same company (since GH was sold off to a diff company) from what I've read--thats why there is obviously no issue of infringement.

It looks sweet and if its a 4 player game anyways the 4 people could easily split it up 50 bucks each.

Well one, Guitar Hero was developed by Harmonix, and Activison published it. Harmonix moved on to Rock Band and gave Activision Guitar Hero, so technically it's not a rip-off. And Rock Band is basically a version of Guitar Hero with a different name and other instruments.

rock band and guitar hero are the same but in my oponion rock band is a better by a little bit. but too costly so im sticking with guitar hero

Cost aside, Rock band is 10x better than GH. My defense: It effing has drums.

~ Discussion over

Firstly, I don't see why we are comparing Rockband in this section as it is not coming out for Wii.

Oh well, Rockband is better I guess, but the drums don't look that great.
Almost like 4 bongo drums, although I guess they are more like electric drums.
Meh, still not what I was expecting.

meh looks okay but as stated above you need dedicated friends

its MSRP is $200 and really the only part that apeals to me is the drums. if i want a good guitar rythem game ill play the original:guitar hero.

rb looks pretty cool considering you can battle other bands online, but WAYYYYYY to pricey, and plus i don't have a 360.

so no GH3 is a better deal

I think it looks a lot better than guitar hero plus I have enough people that would play a lot with me. I think the price is only 170 and that is actually not a bad deal it's only a little more than guitar hero and an extra guitar.

i dont like the idea that you play with other people...I always get pissed when I'm playing on a "team" with someone and they suck balls!

I'd rather depend on my own skill!

idn about rock band, even if i had three friends that wanted to play this game twice a week, even if i could afford the time to play with three friends, it seems kind of gay(sorry i try not to use this word, but right now it's kinda the only word to explain it) and i wouldn't want to play it. I mean i would much rather do other things with my friends such as movies, parties and hanging out at the arcade(it's a way different experience)

i bet to it's full extent rock band is better, but liek i guarantee at least one of your friends woul dback out after a week, or one of your friends will have less skill than the rest, or one of your friends will just be busy all t he time, or one of your friends just suck the fun out of it by wanting to play it 24/7 etc. etc.

Back