Haku Gaming 2.2

Leviathan

I AM ERROR
Aug 12, 2006
Wales
Hello, and welcome again too another exciting and potentially fun packed edition of Haku Gaming.

So what is the tenuous link this week, I hear you cry; simple, Wii exclusive games that have a game of the same series for the DS. So with out further ado let us get on with the show.

Name: Big Brain Academy
DS Counterpart: Big Brain Academy

Being as it is composed of entirely 2D sprites, this game is not graphically superior to it’s predecessor. So, what can you expect?
Well it’s got multiplayer… and the Wiimote hurls encouragement at you. Or possibly abuse… my Japanese isn’t that good, but no doubt when it comes to are shores it will be spouting generic words of encouragement.
So far we haven’t seen many of it‘s minigames, but the ones we’ve seen include:

1.) Players quickly zapping away bricks to form the same shape in the guide window.

2.) Payers whacking away blocks in such a way that the numbers on the leftover blocks total a given number above the window.

3.) Players touch images that aren't the same as the image above it, or pop in missing items into the proper space as quickly as possible.

Name: Bust-a-Move Revolution (May now be Bust-a-Move Wii)
DS Counterpart: Puzzle Bobble DS

Just so you understand, Bust-a-Move is the European and American name for Puzzle Bobble but the Japanese name for Bust-a-Groove. We are discussing Puzzle Bobble, not Bust-a-Grove.

As you can probably tell, not at lot of info has been released for Bust-a-Move, but I can tell you about the series. The game uses two cute dragons, Bub and Bob who fire semi-randomly coloured balls at the top of the screen. If three or more balls of the same colour touch, they disappear. There is a time limit of sorts as the balls slowly move down the screen.

Name: Cooking Mama: Cooking with international friends
DS Counterpart: Cooking Mama

I gonna be honest with you here… I know nothing about either game. Which means I know as much about Cooking Mama: Cooking with international friends as anyone else. From what I can gather it’s a bunch of Wario-Ware-esque cooking based minigames. So if you enjoy Wario-Ware smooth moves when it comes out, maybe this’ll be right up your alley.

……………………………………………………………………………………….

Join me next week for some more previews. Unless you can steal me a working Wii and some games, in which case I’ll give you some reviews.

As always comments are appreciated.

Stolen Wii’s even more appreciated.

Once a week Lord Haku used to preview some games... that was Haku Gaming.
My rationale for continuing it, as well as the patern it will take from now on was discussed here. I kept the name Haku Gaming as a sign of respect.

...what exactly is "with Lord Haku and them?" I have never seen Naruto, nor do I know Lord Haku in real life if that's what you mean.

Back