Halo 3's Heroic Map Pack to be free this Tuesday

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
While Bungie is probably hoping that everyone will get excited about their quickly approaching Legendary Map Pack, we'd wager that a larger percentage of the Halo 3-playing populous are instead anticipating the price reduction on Bungie's last expansion, the Heroic Map Pack. In their latest weekly update, Bungie announced the discount would come sooner than expected -- as of 2 a.m. this coming Tuesday, the pack will be free to download on Xbox Live Marketplace.

For those living under rocks (or PS3s), that means you've got no reason not to purchase the formerly $10 set including Standoff, Rat's Nest, and the highly customizable Foundry. Unless you hate free things, or, even less likely, you never purchased Bungie's third ringworld romp.

Source

For all you Halo lovers go grab this up on Tuesday, assuming it's not automatic...

What??!! I got those maps but I bought them with my money! Now they make it free. my friends on xbox live are going to be so happy.:yesnod:

pro gamer said:
What??!! I got those maps but I bought them with my money! Now they make it free. my friends on xbox live are going to be so happy.:yesnod:
i removed everyone on my friends list who was a cheap bastard and wouldnt buy the maps.

Sovieto said:
i removed everyone on my friends list who was a cheap bastard and wouldnt buy the maps.
That was nice of you.:lol:
Now at least I don't have to worry about people not having the maps.

It's been mentioned on bungie.net on the most recent weekly update. Also, Bungie usually makes all map packs free after a certain period of time.

Good thing I didn't purchase it earlier on...I'll probably download it sometime next weekend. It will be a nice addition [hopefully]. Smart thinking on Bungie's part.

There's also a trailer on it which seemed pretty awesome to me.

Great news!

Edit: Here's the trailer.
[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=EcIdvsi5lT8[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
surfinrach90 said:
Where on earth is it!?

It is today yes? I can't find it anywhere though =/

King Wiired said:
Is this just for the US?
I'm from England and I downloaded it 1 hour ago, its not automatic so you have to go to the games section of the marketplace, go to halo 3 and scroll down a bit and it should be there to download for free.
Having loads of fun on forge with friends :)

Last edited:
Back